An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should leaders be able to be challenged?

38% 38% [ 8 ]
62% 62% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Riversong

Young Warrior
"Leaders being challenged" means a member of the Clan challenging them to take their Clan leader rank. This is more wolf behavior than any Clan leader type thing. There are social implications for this of course!

View user profile

2 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Sophie

Loner/Rogue
I think not,I know it's voting and all,but I do have something to say about this.
Anyone remember MossyBreeze? I don't mean any disrespect to her,but she seemed to really want a leader position. If we allow people like that onto the admin panel...Well,I'm not so sure of what would happen. I believe that we should keep it at deputies where good trustworthy people are chosen when passed on the rank to. It also shows if they know the rules or not,and seniority. If some random new member challenged for instance,Snowstar,and she was defeated,we'd have a newbie that hardly knows the rules. Get my drift?
So,it's more of an experience kind of thing. I would be fine with it if there were a few rules and regulations about this,but for now,I'm just going to have to say no.

Sophie's Biography

"Shame carries more weight to those who knows it's meaning."

"I won't hold your hand. I can't. I don't have hands."

"I am much more then skin and bones, and I am much more then just my heart and my head. I am me. And no one can change that."

Because you're worth it

Signature Credit
View user profile

3 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Fireflash

Young Warrior
I think it's a good idea, but it'd need some very specific terms and conditions (alas, if we called them that nobody would read them). There'd need to be a very legitimate in-character reason, and the usurper would definitely need some support to back them up, probably in the form of other characters (certainly not their own, certainly not duplicate accounts). I think it would need some directing, but it would introduce a cool social dynamic to the rp. Just think of all the fun political uprisings! Exactly like my Cold War era dystopian novels!

4 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Redwind

Young Warrior
Exactly,thank you for um...Defending my case?
Some people might do it because they want to get back at someone by means of the admin panel. Or they want to get back at a mod or leader for correcting them. Whatever the case,I really don't think we should do this. Unless you want to make rule about it,though I might still be unsure.

Redwind's Biography

"What are you grinning about?"

"Let the others have stupidity. I've got me."

"You're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?"

Help the tiny children

Signature Credit
View user profile

5 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:01 am

I think that this is a good idea provided there are some guidelines set up to go about it. One of them being that if a leader is challenged and they win/lose, then the new/old leader has a grace period of so many weeks or whatever it is until they can be challenged again. So lets say... Firestar is challenged by Hawk and Firestar wins, Hawk can't challenge Firestar again for so many days/weeks/whatever it is, not just by Hawk but by everyone. Also I think that there should be a legitimate reason in RP and I think that the challenge should be approved by the admins or mods or both or something like that before hand.

6 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Riversong

Young Warrior
Yeah, the reason I decided to ask everyone of this idea is because it could provide for some real "take over Clan" plots that otherwise frankly would not happened if we planned it out before hand. I really like the idea of a challenge cool-down if this does take place, and of course if someone does win the rank challenge they could be kicked off of being admin if they take advantage of their administrator position/abilities. We'd be pretty strict about it.

HOWEVER, we could also have it that Clan leaders are not actually necessarily admins. We could have an admin from each Clan that does not change, and they don't necessarily have to be leaders. This person keeps track of all of the Clan stuff so maybe it does make more sense for them to be leaders. In this way the admins of the site would not always be changing.

View user profile

7 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:45 am

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Hmm, yes and no, but for two reasons.

Riversong wrote:Yeah, the reason I decided to ask everyone of this idea is because it could provide for some real "take over Clan" plots that otherwise frankly would not happened if we planned it out before hand.

Agreed, it would be interesting to have like a Tigerstar in the clans, mind that the real person who'd play them wouldn't try to abuse anything. It would be very cool since there would probably be more battles, and the wolves who would have him/her in their clan would have to figure out what to do.

But, if this was going to take place, what would happen to the deputies?? Let's say Snowstar was challenged by Raggedfur, and Ragged won, would Brokenglare still be deputy after he took over or not? And could only Warriors be able to challenge them, or could all ranks be able to?

Riversong wrote:HOWEVER, we could also have it that Clan leaders are not actually necessarily admins. We could have an admin from each Clan that does not change, and they don't necessarily have to be leaders. This person keeps track of all of the Clan stuff so maybe it does make more sense for them to be leaders. In this way the admins of the site would not always be changing.
This sounds like a pretty good plan, I mean, if someone who was rather disrespectful of broke the rules, became leader, at least they wouldn't have control of the admin panel. But that would be rather bad for the current admins.

View user profile

8 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Steelstripe

Young Warrior
The admin changing part seems kinda off to me,but that may be cause it a been like that for the whole time now. It might be good to have different admins that wouldn't change. It would make things a lot less hectic. Changing the leaders and moving to the admin board and ect. Though,the elders now,such as Graystar,Genrlestar,and Snowstar may or may not have a problem with that. Maybe we could have like people to liked to do it send like a form or request or something. Like how the mods are right now.

The actual clan leader challenging,I'm with Larky here. What would happen to the deputies? It would be a little unfair to them. Unless,they challenge their own leader at that point. I'm still not agreeing with this,just cause it doesn't feel right to me. It may be authentic,but some other kids may have like NO idea on wolf behavior. They think they're cool and play a little with them. That's how i was when I first joined the site. This thing might make it a bit more complicated for those kids.
Though,even if we were to do this,we would have to prepare and such for an rp event. They challenger would have to request if they could,and if some people didn't know if they had to request,they'd go along and do it. Some people don't actually read all the rules in the form. I'm sorry if this bums you out,but I just don't like the idea. Neutral 

Warrior of Sunclan

Steelstripe's Biography

"Stars can't shine without darkness."

"Hope is the crystal meth of emotions. It hooks you fast, kills you hard."

"If you think about what goes around behind closed doors, you'll wear a hole in your mind."

Avatar Credit | Sig Credit | Sig BG Credit
View user profile

9 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Raggedfur

Warrior
ayee I'm on the same page as Hawky.
Being that leaders are chosen not based off of certain RP properties but by certain more personal aspects [seniority, maturity/responsibility level, etc etc etc], I don't think its a good idea to be able for one personal to challenge a leader and then just take over control of a clan. Administrative/moderator duties should have to be earned through activity and contribution around the site, not through RP prowess/character capability. Having one stable "administrator" for each clan like you suggested a nice idea, but I dunno, I feel like having someone who is potentially an unstable ruler as my characters authority figure won't be all that fun. Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure some people are gonna wanna go crazy if this is implemented, and even if their is a cool down period for how often a leader should be challenged, I'm sure there'll be challenges happening in waiting succession.
annnnd another good point Hawky brought up, the whole realistic wolf behavior thing. I understand completely that this site is in no way meant to stress realism, being that it revolves around a false social hierarchy and things of that nature, but I feel like it would offend the life out of some people [myself included] to have leaders being challenged on the pretense of "oh, its just authentic wolf behavior, packmates are constantly challenging each other for dominance". Wolf pack social structures are extremely complex and yeah, there are situations where dominant leaders are totally usurped by other lesser pack mates, which I think provides anyone that may want to with an excuse to challenge the leader of their subsequent clan. Even if you lay out guidelines and conditions for this idea, one of them maybe being that the challenger must have a legitimate excuse for the challenge, I still feel like people would lay claim to this excuse and also other pointless things like "oh my character is just power hungry" or something of that nature.
but yeah, just my two cents.

10 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:14 pm

I like this idea I mean I wouldn't use it myself. When I had wanted to be leader I was young and most kids who have read the books (not saying all) have wanted to be a leader at one point or another. I reason why I had challenged Firestar was because she had pretty much been given the position. So I like this idea.

11 Re: Should leaders be able to be challenged? on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Since this topic is nearly a year old Mossey, I think the vote has already been completed. Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum