An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
[Note to other admins/mods: If there's any mistake in this topic due to it being on a new site, feel free to tell me and I'll be sure to change whatever's incorrect]

Welcome, Guest, to Minkpaw's and Barkclaw's training topic! If anyone would like to (even wolves in other Clans), feel free to enter!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[0/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[0/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]
Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[17/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Mixing Poultices[0/60]
Mixed correctly with no mistakes- 7 points, Mixed correctly with few/some mistakes- 4 points, Not mixed correctly- 1 point

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[44/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[36/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

~~~~~~~~

(Below is a reply to the previous topic on the old site [If you'd like, I could also post the previous posts here for reference]. For this topic, we could either roleplay before Minkpaw's vision started to get bad, or after if you would rather that instead)

Barkclaw listened as Minkpaw spoke, nodding slightly. "You're right, the other three Clans probably wouldn't be used to our territory. It's likely that their moves would be off, as you said. Always remember to take advantage of any hesitation your opponent has." The brown-patched warrior added. "Now that you have an idea on how to have the advantage on a fight, would you first like to work on offensive or defensive fighting?" Barkclaw asked, waiting for Minkpaw's response.

Last edited by Barkclaw on Thu May 29, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 12 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
(Nah, no need to add more posts here. :3 I'd prefer it be before her vision goes bad.)
Minkpaw thought for a moment, before answering. "I'll like to do defensive fighting. I think it's a little more important than offense." The apprentice honestly said. She really wanted to do offensive fighting first, but she was a smart wolf. And Mink tends to shrug things off. 'Fighting first! This is so cool! I can't wait until I begin to train my OWN apprentice!' She thought happily.

Signature Credit|Avatar Base Credit
View user profile

3 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
[Alright Mink; and okay, that would be alright Smile ]

Barkclaw nodded slightly upon hearing Minkpaw's words. "I suppose that defensive fighting is important; without defense, you couldn't get very far in a battle." He agreed, before thinking of each fighting move he knew. "We can start with some basic defense moves for now, and move on to different ones later. A simple move would be to roll away when your opponent tries to attack you. If you were on the ground, this move would allow you to avoid your opponent's next blow." Barkclaw paused, to allow Minkpaw some time to remember the move, before he went on. "A slightly more complex move is called the Duck and Twist; in this move, you first duck down, then twist around, roll over, and spring up to your paws. It can be used to dodge another wolf's attack move." Barkclaw finished. "For practice, I'll run at you, and try one of the two moves to dodge my attack." Barkclaw added. He waited for Minkpaw's response, stepping backwards on the marshy ground.

View user profile

4 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:42 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw nodded. "Woah! That duck and twist is really hard!" She woofed. So she was going to roll. "I'll just go with the roll. Easy enough to start with." She placed her paws evenly, hoping it would help her be able to move more quickly. "Uhh... ready!" She woofed. Then, she waited for Barkclaw to 'attack' her.

View user profile

5 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw listened as he heard Minkpaw's response to the second defense move, and he nodded. The move did seem rather complicated; it had taken him a while to finally perfect it. The brown-furred warrior nodded once more as he heard his apprentice's next words. "Okay." Barkclaw said in reply, waiting a few moments before he dashed forward; he wasn't quite a very fast wolf, however. Barkclaw ran towards Minkpaw, hoping that the apprentice would be able to roll out of the way in time.

View user profile

6 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:51 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw's reflexes took in, and she rolled out of the way before Barkclaw reached her. The brown apprentice wasn't a fast wolf, but she was a strong one. She had powerful legs. It took her a moment to scramble to her paws, and turn back to her mentor. "What next? Should we do the same move or should we try a different one?" She cheerfully woofed, shaking her pelt clean of the mud.

View user profile

7 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
As Minkpaw rolled out of the way, Barkclaw slowed down his pace so that he wouldn't run out of the clearing. Coming to a stop, the warrior turned around and padded back towards his apprentice. "Nice work; you got the move on your first try." Barkclaw stated. "If you'd like, we could try to work on the harder move, or if you'd like to continue with this same move that would be okay as well." The rather large warrior added after hearing Minkpaw's questions.

View user profile

8 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw felt happy at her mentor's praise. But when he asked her about the harder move, Minkpaw felt challenged. Challenged that she should try that move. "I'd like to try out the duck and twist." She stated, sitting back down and gazing at her mentor with her dull yellow eyes.
'This will be tough!' She thought.

View user profile

9 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw's gray eyes glanced at Minkpaw as she spoke, and the wolf nodded. "Okay, we can work on that move." Barkclaw said, stepping backwards a few paces before looking back to the apprentice. Without speaking, the young warrior dashed forward, his eyes glancing to the right of Minkpaw. At one of the last moments, Barkclaw turned towards the left, changing his direction. In battle, wolves may try nearly anything to win. Minkpaw needs to be prepared for tactics like this. He thought to himself, wondering if Minkpaw would be able to do the move in time.

View user profile

10 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw strengthened her position, waiting for Barkclaw to attack. But just as she was getting ready to duck, Barkclaw changed his direction, and Minkpaw just barely managed to duck. But as she rolled, she lost footing when attempting to spring to her paws... and tripped. "Mouse dung!" She growled, getting to her paws after a moment. If she was actually fighting a wolf, they could have picked her off there and then. "That's... a lot more harder than I expected." She muttered, dipping her head in shame.

View user profile

11 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw slowed down to a stop, turning around and glancing back at Minkpaw. The apprentice had fallen onto the ground, and had ended up not completing the duck and twist move. "It's okay, Minkpaw; at least you were nearly able to finish the move. Would you like to try the move again?" The brown-furred warrior asked, waiting for Minkpaw's response. If she did choose to work on either a different move or another skill, Barkclaw decided that would be alright.

View user profile

12 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Feeling defeated, Minkpaw shook her head. "I'd like to try that one later. Is offensive fighting still an option?" She woofed. 'That move was rough. Hopefully later into training I can get it right...' She told herself. 'Maybe I could learn some things that would help me with that move...' Minkpaw told herself, sitting up straighter.

View user profile

13 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw listened as he heard Minkpaw's response, and nodded. "Sure, we can get back to that move later. We can work on offensive fighting now if you'd want." Barkclaw replied. "The first offensive fighting move we'll learn is called the 'front paw blow'; in this move, you bring your paw down hard upon your opponent's head." The rather large wolf said, lifting up his paw and striking out towards the ground. "Since we can't really do that in practice, though, how about you try the front paw blow in the air, like I did? After you've got it down, I'll teach you another offensive fighting move." He added.

View user profile

14 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:50 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw's dull yellow eyes brightened. "Okay!" She cheerfully replied, watching her mentor's 'Front Paw Blow'. Raising her paw, now ready, Minkpaw copied the move, striking towards the ground with a downward swing of her paw. When she performed the move, Minkpaw looked back at her mentor. "Is that right?" She woofed, placing her paw on the ground and flicking her tail is satisfaction.

View user profile

15 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw watched as Minkpaw had lifted her paw and striked downwards, nodding as he heard Minkpaw's question. "You've got it; the Front Paw Blow would be useful in distracting your opponent, for example, or to give you the advantage in a fight. You can try that move a couple more times if you'd like while I describe the next offensive fighting move you can work on." The young warrior said, thinking for a moment. "This next move would work best if you've already weakened your opponent and want to win the fight. It's called the Upright Lock; in this move, you rear up on your back paws and bring your weight down onto your opponent." Barkclaw said. "It's a bit more complicated than that last move." The brown-patched wolf added, pausing a few moments before he'd continue.

View user profile

16 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:07 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw nodded as her mentor told her about another move, the Upright Lock. She once again lifted her paw and lashed out at the ground. She grinned in pride, before looking back towards her mentor. "Can I try it?" She asked, excited. The move sounded pretty easy. Minkpaw angled her ears forward, waiting for her mentor's response.

View user profile

17 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw nodded as he heard Minkpaw's question, watching as the apprentice correctly did the previous move. "Sure, you can try the Upright Lock. You could try it on me so that you'd have an actual opponent." The brown-furred warrior said, laying down on the marshy ground. "Whenever you're ready, you can try it out." Barkclaw added.  "In an actual fight, there'd be some counter moves to the Upright Lock, though I can tell you about those moves later." He continued.

View user profile

18 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:44 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw excitedly sat down, and got onto her hinds. She brought all her weight down as she brought her paws to the ground. "Did that look right?" The apprentice woofed, sitting back down and staring happily at her mentor.

View user profile

19 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw nodded as he heard Minkpaw's question. "Yes, you did the move correctly; I'm sure that you'll be a great fighter when you're made a warrior." Barkclaw added; Minkpaw had learned most of the moves so far without that many mistakes. "If your opponent also does the Upright Lock, try to pin them down in battle, and watch out for any other moves your opponent might try." The warrior added, standing back on his hindpaws and pretending to pin down an imaginary enemy. "Shall we continue with another offensive fighting move?" The brown-furred wolf asked as he stood back up, his gray eyes looking back to Minkpaw as he waited for her reply.

View user profile

20 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw beamed happily as Barkclaw praised her. "Because I have such a great mentor!" She barked cheerfully, after her mentor paused.
She nodded as Barkclaw instructed her about attempting to pin an enemy incase they try to do the same move. "What if they counter?" The apprentice curiously asked, before listening to her mentor yet again. "Yea! These are cool!" Minkpaw enthusiastically woofed.

View user profile

21 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw smiled slightly upon hearing Minkpaw's words. "Thanks." The brown-furred wolf replied. He listened as he heard the apprentice's next question, thinking for a moment. "Hmm... I suppose it depends on what move your opponent would use to counter. They might try a move known as the Belly Rake, using their claws; if they did try that move, perhaps the Front Paw Blow could help. It would probably give you a few moments to plan your next move, at least." Barkclaw replied, nodding once more as he heard Minkpaw's woof. "The next move we can learn is known as the Back Kick, where you strike out with your back paws at your opponent. The Back Kick can take your opponent by surprise, quickly putting you in the lead." Barkclaw added.

View user profile

22 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw listened carefully as her mentor answered her question. "The belly rake? Will I learn that?" She asked, slightly concerned. 'Would a belly rake that's too hard... kill a wolf?' The apprentice thought. '...Nah! Just a rake.' Minkpaw pushed the thought out of her mind, and looked back up to her mentor. "Back Kick? Okay, let's do it!" She excitedly woofed, getting to her paws, and perking her ears, waiting for her mentor to demonstrate.

View user profile

23 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw shook his head slightly after hearing Minkpaw's first response. "We don't have to work on the Belly Rake; it could potentially cause a lot of damage in battle." He said; he wasn't quite sure if the move would be considered fair in a fight. It would be best to practice on moves that weren't quite as damaging, he decided. Barkclaw nodded as he heard Minkpaw speak once more. "To do the Back Kick, you just need to strike out with your hind paws." The brown-patched wolf said, kicking backwards in the air. "You can try now; it should be easier than some of the previous moves." He added.

View user profile

24 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw excitedly nodded, and got to her paws. Her eyes were round with interest while watching her mentor. "Okay... I'll try... I don't have the greatest balance, though." The apprentice uncertainly woofed, now realizing how she had poor balance.
Minkpaw successfully kicked the air with her hind legs (I got lazy thar =P). "Oh.. that was kinda easy..." Minkpaw woofed, tilting her head.

View user profile

25 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw nodded at Minkpaw's words. "Good work, you've learned a lot of moves so far." The brown-patched wolf started. "We could either have a practice fight now, sort of like a real battle except without anyone getting injured, or we could go back to that defensive move, or even another offensive move; your choice." Barkclaw added, fluffing out his pelt against a cold gust of air.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum