An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1 Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
First topic message reminder :

[Note to other admins/mods: If there's any mistake in this topic due to it being on a new site, feel free to tell me and I'll be sure to change whatever's incorrect]

Welcome, Guest, to Minkpaw's and Barkclaw's training topic! If anyone would like to (even wolves in other Clans), feel free to enter!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[0/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[0/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]
Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[17/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Mixing Poultices[0/60]
Mixed correctly with no mistakes- 7 points, Mixed correctly with few/some mistakes- 4 points, Not mixed correctly- 1 point

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[44/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[36/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

~~~~~~~~

(Below is a reply to the previous topic on the old site [If you'd like, I could also post the previous posts here for reference]. For this topic, we could either roleplay before Minkpaw's vision started to get bad, or after if you would rather that instead)

Barkclaw listened as Minkpaw spoke, nodding slightly. "You're right, the other three Clans probably wouldn't be used to our territory. It's likely that their moves would be off, as you said. Always remember to take advantage of any hesitation your opponent has." The brown-patched warrior added. "Now that you have an idea on how to have the advantage on a fight, would you first like to work on offensive or defensive fighting?" Barkclaw asked, waiting for Minkpaw's response.

Last edited by Barkclaw on Thu May 29, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 12 times in total

View user profile

26 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw's ears perked excitedly. "Really? Oh yea! That'd be cool!" She yipped, shuffling her paws. "What moves am I supposed to use?" Minkpaw asked. 'You know, I'd actually like to go hunting. But I can wait, I guess.' The apprentice thought.

Signature Credit|Avatar Base Credit
View user profile

27 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw listened as he heard Minkpaw respond. "Any move that you've learned before; offensive, defensive, anything." The young warrior stated. "We could work on something else afterwards, after the practice battle. You can start, whenever you're ready." Barkclaw continued, his gray eyes watching to see where Minkpaw would strike first.

View user profile

28 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw's ears rotated in thought, before she made up her mind. "Can we do both, with offensive fighting the first?" She requested. 'Maybe if we do offensive first, I could see what defensive moves Barkclaw does, and then when we work on defensive, I may know them better... Or should we do it the other way around?' Minkpaw paused, before she decided: 'Too late now.'

View user profile

29 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Hearing Minkpaw's reply, Barkclaw nodded. "Sure, we can start with offensive fighting. As long as you remember all of the moves you learned previously, I'm sure you'll do fine, perhaps even win." Barkclaw added. "You can start with the first move; unless there's anything you'd like to ask me about before the practice fight." The young warrior continued.

View user profile

30 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:11 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw nodded, and lifted her head higher. "So... the front paw blow?" She asked. 'Will he try to dodge? Maybe he will do it just to make the training more realistic.' Minkpaw questioned herself. "Are you going to try to dodge?" The apprentice asked. She wanted to know.

View user profile

31 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw nodded as Minkpaw mentioned the front paw blow. "Yes, you could start with that move." The warrior said in response. At Minkpaw's next words, he nodded slightly. "Hmm... sometimes, to make it more like a real battle. I won't try to dodge every time, though; there may even be a few rare instances in an actual battle in which it would be better not to dodge, such as if you had a counter move to what your opponent was trying to do." Barkclaw said. "If StormClan's ever in a battle, though... it probably would be best to try dodging every attack, unless you're absolutely certain." The warrior decided to add.

View user profile

32 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw nodded, slightly confused. "How will I know what move I should use to counter?" She asked.
After her mentor's response, Minkpaw woofed, "Okay, so can we continue?" She stood back up, and placed her legs in a hardy stance. 'This is going to be easy. Hope I don't hit him too hard... I'm known for my strength.' The apprentice thought with pride. 'What move will I do after this...?' Minkpaw thought, before shaking her head and focusing on her mentor.

View user profile

33 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw thought for a moment after hearing Minkpaw's question. "You'll be able to tell what move you should use after some practice; an offensive move like the front paw blow may be a good counter, as it can take your opponent by surprise." Barkclaw said. Hearing Minkpaw's next words, the warrior nodded. "Yes, we can start." Barkclaw replied, wondering what move Minkpaw would start off with.

View user profile

34 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:36 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw nodded happily, and thought for a moment, before deciding what she'll do. "I'm ready." She woofed, tensing her legs, preparing for a back kick. She angled her ears forward, waiting for her mentor to move. 'I hope I get this right!' She thought. She shifted some weight onto her front legs, preparing to perform the move.

View user profile

35 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw nodded as he heard Minkpaw say that she was ready, preparing for the apprentice's first move. Minkpaw had kicked back with her hind paws, and the warrior tried to trot out of the way, however stumbled slightly in the marsh, and stumbled once more after Minkpaw's move had hit him. Catching his balance, Barkclaw thought for a moment as he wondered what move he could do in return. Soon deciding on the front paw blow, Barkclaw striked out with his paw. The warrior watched to see if Minkpaw would be able to move out of the way in time, preparing for the apprentice's next move.

View user profile

36 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:13 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Joy flooded Minkpaw as she successfully kicked her mentor with the move. She whirled around to face him, only to duck, and roll away as she a paw lashed at her head. She felt the paw brush her ear as she performed the dodge. In thought, Minkpaw wondered what move she will perform. She decided to perform the same move her mentor performed; Maybe then she'll try the upright lock. Once again moving towards her mentor, she lashed out a paw at Barkclaw's face, hoping she'll be successful. The apprentice also wondered how he'll counter.

View user profile

37 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
The wolf watched as Minkpaw had been able to dodge his move; he thought that she was getting rather good at fighting. Barkclaw's gray eyes glanced back towards his apprentice as Minkpaw lashed out with her paw. Thinking quickly, Barkclaw ducked down and rolled to the side, just able to dodge the apprentice's move. Standing back up on his paws, Barkclaw stepped back before dashing forward towards Minkpaw. He wasn't certain which move Minkpaw would use to dodge, though hoped that the apprentice would be able to move away quickly enough.

View user profile

38 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw quickly thought of a different defensive move. Quickly, before her mentor reached her, the wolf leapt away and out of range. She turned around and charged at her mentor, hoping to knock him down and give a soft blow above his eye. 'In a real fight, if I claw another's eye, their seeing will be off!' Minkpaw proudly thought, praising her smarts.

View user profile

39 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw slowed down to a stop after Minkpaw had managed to avoid his move, glancing towards the apprentice with slight surprise as he noticed her charge at him. Unable to move away in time, Barkclaw stumbled and landed on his side, closing his eye as Minkpaw struck just above it. "Nice work, Minkpaw. We could practice something else besides fighting after a couple more moves." The warrior said while striking out with his paw, aiming for Minkpaw's ears.

View user profile

40 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw grinned with satisfaction as she successfully knocked over Barkclaw. She grew happier with the praise. "Thanks!" She woofed, before quickly adding, "That's fine." But with the distraction, her mentor's paw caught her ears. 'I have to be focused,' The apprentice thought, backing up and deciding what to do next. She decided that she'll wait for Barkclaw to move.

View user profile

41 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw nodded at Minkpaw's response, stepping back after swiping at the apprentice's ears. The young warrior wondered what move he should do, quickly trying to come to a decision. Rearing up on his back paws, Barkclaw carefully lifted up his front paws and lashed out at Minkpaw. The warrior tried to keep his balance, his gray eyes watching for the apprentice's next move.

View user profile

42 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw noticed Barkclaw getting onto his hinds. Quickly, Minkpaw leapt to her right and turned around. She then attempted to ram her mentor while he was still on his hinds. Then she will target his other eye. 'My opponent will be blind, then.' Minkpaw thought.

View user profile

43 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw stumbled slightly as Minkpaw moved out of the way, his blow landing in the air. The warrior let out a yelp of surprise as Minkpaw ran into him, and he toppled over onto the ground. As the apprentice struck out at his eye, Barkclaw quickly tried to move his head out of the way, lashing out with a paw. "I think that's enough fighting practice for now," the young wolf started, waiting for Minkpaw to move before he stood up onto his paws and shook out his fur. "What would you like to work on next?" Barkclaw asked, sitting down.

View user profile

44 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw grinned with satisfaction as she knocked down Barkclaw. Quickly, she yanked her head back as her mentor lashed out at her. She blinked as her muzzle was struck. She backed away as the older wolf declared that it was over. "Was I good? Does anything need improvement?" Minkpaw eagerly asked, before she immediately answered. "Hunting?" The brown wolf sat down, waiting for Barkclaw to respond.

View user profile

45 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Sun May 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw glanced at Minkpaw as she spoke, nodding slightly. "You did well; I'm sure that you'll become a great fighter if you continue to practice. I don't think that you'll need much improvement- perhaps trying to improve your balance could help in an actual fight." He started, listening to his apprentice's next word. "Sure, we can try hunting." Barkclaw replied, lifting his muzzle as he scented the air. "The first step to hunting is locating your prey. Can you tell me what scents you can detect?" The young warrior asked, turning back towards the apprentice.

View user profile

46 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Tue May 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkpaw beamed happily at the praise. She then listened closely as Barkclaw gave instructions. She lifted her head and parted her jaws. "I smell... um... Squirrels and... A deer scent, though it's kinda faint, and rabbits... I think..." The apprentice woofed, trying to remember the scents of the animals she named. "And some birds... Sparrows, I think." Minkpaw added, blinking as she tried to figure out the scent for sure.

View user profile

47 Re: Minkpaw training with Barkclaw on Thu May 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Barkclaw

Warrior
Barkclaw nodded as his apprentice named the scents. "Good work. The next step to hunting would be to decide what prey you want to go after. Each prey has its own advantages and disadvantages; squirrels and birds may be smaller, but they can easily take cover in trees, for example. Rabbits are quick, and you'll have to be fast to catch those; deer also tend to be harder to catch as well, but will feed more of the Clan." Barkclaw said. "Once you decide what you want to hunt, you need to make sure to stay downwind of it. Don't make too much sound; be careful where you place your paws, especially if you're in the forest. When you get into a hunter's crouch, it's best to keep your tail low, but high enough that it doesn't brush against the ground." The warrior stated, dropping down into a crouch as he padded forward before stopping and glancing back at Minkpaw. "So, which prey did you want to go after?" The wolf asked, his gray eyes glancing at his apprentice as he listened for her reply.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum