An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
[If you have any questions about training, Shiver, feel free to ask!]

Welcome, Guest, to Shiverpaw's and Graystar's training topic! If anyone would like to (even wolves in other Clans), feel free to enter!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[5/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[0/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[0/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]
Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[10/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Mixing Poultices[0/60]
Mixed correctly with no mistakes- 7 points, Mixed correctly with few/some mistakes- 4 points, Not mixed correctly- 1 point

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[7/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

~~~~~~~~

Graystar padded over to the Perch's Flow, stopping nearby. She had chosen to train her new apprentice here due to the river reminding her of StormClan's, and RiverClan's, previous territory. Certainly a lot had happened to the leader since she was a warrior by the name of Grayheart; she hoped that she would be able to mentor her new apprentice well. She had previously trained a few apprentices, and also hoped that it would better help her in mentoring Shiverpaw. Sitting down, Graystar let out a howl for Shiverpaw to hear that they'd begin training.

Last edited by Graystar on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
Hearing the howl, the newly made apprentice trotted up to her mentor. "Graystar, I heard one of the other apprentices say that they didn't want to share the den with me. Is it right for wolves to discriminate dogs without true clan blood?" she asks the leader, eyes full of worry and sorrow. "I'm kind of curious why you picked to mentor me, was it because you knew they'd say that about me?" she asks her leader, lowering her ears a little while glancing at the blue-grey wolf next to her. Is this how wolves treat dogs when they first join the clan, how many wolves do I have to befriend to get some respect around here? she asks herself in her head.

Credit

"Sure, I once was a house dog, but you're mouse-brained if you think I'd EVER go back to being some Two-leg's pet!"

"Do you see a loyal Clanmate or a Two-leg collar when you look at me?!"

"Howl complaints all you want, I still smell better than you guys do to me!"
View user profile

3 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar's golden eyes glanced up as she noticed Shiverpaw, and she nodded to her new apprentice. "Hello Shiverpaw, welcome to training." The leader started, before hearing the shepherd dog speak. She shook her head slightly. "They shouldn't; it does take some time for a few wolves to warm up to the thought of others joining the Clan, though. Not all of the wolves have full Clan blood, either; there are a few who've joined as loners, perhaps, or had parents in other Clans." Graystar paused slightly as she recalled the fact that she was distantly related to ThunderClan, before continuing. "I'm sure they'll respect you and consider you as a full Clan member in no time." The wolf added with a slight smile. She listened as she heard Shiverpaw speak once more. "I haven't had an apprentice in a while; I'm sure that the others would have been fine mentoring you had I chosen one of them instead." Graystar replied. "Is there anything you'd like to start on first? Hunting, fighting, fishing, or any other skill would be alright." She added.

View user profile

4 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
(Hey Graystar, by "enter", do you mean that I can roleplay as one of my other characters in here or not?)
"Perhaps not working on skill just this minute. Is it possible that a dog can befriend a wolf from another clan without the wolf's clan knowing, I don't want her getting hurt by her clan?" she asks, assuming the leader would ask who she was talking about. "I haven't seen her in a while, ever since me and another dog came here from Hartford." she adds, lowering her ears sadly. She missed her friends dearly, especially Graywolf. That young warrior was heaven sent when she ran into a cougar, she had saved her life without even receiving a single scar. "I'm assuming you're wondering who I mean when I say 'her'?" she assumed, possibly the most stupidest thing she's done in front of another being.

Credit

"Sure, I once was a house dog, but you're mouse-brained if you think I'd EVER go back to being some Two-leg's pet!"

View user profile

5 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
[You could, though technically your other characters may be tresspassing in the roleplay as they're not in StormClan]

Graystar's golden eyes looked to Shiverpaw as she spoke, and the leader wondered what the shepherd dog meant for a moment. "Did you mean at a Gathering, perhaps?" She started. "On most full moons, all of the Clans gather together, and you'd be able to meet wolves from the other Clans." The gray-furred leader added, listening as Shiverpaw spoke once more. Graystar nodded slightly at Shiverpaw's third sentence. "Yes, did you meet a wolf from another Clan previously?" Graystar asked, waiting for the apprentice's response.

View user profile

6 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
"Well, sort of recently, when we moved here from Hartford, I followed the wolf clans here. Curiosity got the better of me. That's how I met a young warrior, that's why I wanted to join as an apprentice first, so I can grow up to be just like her." she says proudly, wagging her tail a little bit. "She's from Windclan, I believe, but she had a soft spot for house dogs, and kept the secret of my existence from her pack's thoughts. She even saved me from a cougar once, single-handedly without even getting a single wound." the apprentice says again proudly, for she could never have met a better friend than Graywolf. "I believe she helped with the rescue of the wolves from the facility, I believe her name was Graywolf." she adds happily, sending a little smile.

Credit

View user profile

7 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar nodded as Shiverpaw began to speak, saying that she had followed the Clans on the way to the new territories. The leader heard next that the other wolf was from WindClan, and has assisted the Clans in the battle at the facility. Thinking for a few moments after she heard the name 'Graywolf', the bluish-gray leader tried to see if she remembered the warrior. "I think I've seen Graywolf before, at ThunderClan's old camp. I believe that she volunteered to be on the distraction team; I was on that one as well." Graystar replied after a few seconds. "Whenever you're ready to begin training, just say so." Graystar said in her kind tone, after a few more moments.

View user profile

8 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
"You were on the distraction team with her?" she asks, eyes widen until their whites were showing. Her tail began to wag faster. "Perhaps we can start now, I'm mostly worried about hunting, I haven't eaten in two days." she lies, but to the leader, it sounded like her normal tone. "So, perhaps you can volunteer in showing me how to bring down large prey animals?", she asks, "Or, we can practice finding herbs?" she asks another question to the leader. I wonder if Graystar and I can go see Graywolf, probably not, but perhaps at the border? the fae thought.

Credit

View user profile

9 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar nodded at Shiverpaw's first words, before hearing the shepherd dog speak about hunting. "We could start with hunting first, and perhaps move on to herb-finding afterwards." The blue-gray leader said at first. "The first step in hunting would be to locate any possible prey. Is there anything you can scent? There may be some elk around here somewhere; usually a patrol is needed to bring down one of those." Graystar added, glancing around the slight clearing. She could scent some fish, a rabbit or two, and the slightly distant scent of elk; she supposed that the elk may have been further up the river.

View user profile

10 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
Shiverpaw sniffed the air, tracing an elk. She put her nose to the ground and followed the trail like a scent hound, only a white one with a long bushy tail. "I can smell an elk, I believe a cow. Also a rabbit, and a.........fox." she said after sniffing the ground and moving forward in a serpentine manner. She raised her head from the ground and saw a brown mass in the distance move over from behind a tree to another. "Well, I can smell it and see it. I'm pretty much in hunting mode now." she said to her mentor. "So...why not, lets go hunt." she says with enthusiasm. She then trotted forward, looking like a horse prancing, only in wolf style.

Credit

View user profile

11 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar nodded as she heard Shiverpaw's response, her golden eyes glancing up as she heard a sound up ahead. She noticed an elk had just disappeared behind a tree, perhaps lost from its herd. The leader nodded once more at Shiverpaw's next sentence. "Alright; we must be careful, though, as elk are able to injure even the best of hunters. I can help you in hunting the elk as well." Graystar said, trotting after the shepherd dog as she ran forward. While it could be hard to bring down an elk, the blue-gray wolf knew that Shiverpaw would recieve hunting experience that would help her when she became a warrior.

View user profile

12 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:12 pm

(Sorry for posting with a different username Razz)
Shiverpaw saw Graystar run up ahead and pushed harder against the ground with her back legs, making herself go faster. "Thanks Graystar, perhaps some day I'll grow up to be just like you." she says quietly and softly while running beside the bluish gray wolf. Her instincts took in and she was ready to endure any injury or consequence in the hunt. "Perhaps we can use the technique of what sheep dogs do, when one of them pushes the animal to the other dog, perhaps I can push it towards you and let you deliver the fatal bite." she adds while stilling running, panting slightly but still full of energy.

"Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake!"

"Every time I answer that I'm okay after you ask me if I'm alright, it's always a lie when I say that I'm fine."

"Yes, I smile! But if you look into my eyes, you can see my heart crumbling!"

"I'd do anything to impress someone I know is better than me, but no matter how hard I try to do that, I'm still not trying hard enough!"
View user profile

13 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:03 am

Graystar

Clan Leader
[That's alright, Shiver]

Graystar nodded in thanks as she heard her apprentice speak, her golden eyes glancing up at the elk. Its ears had perked, perhaps noticing the wolves. I hope it doesn't bolt away, not yet. The leader thought, slowing down her pace. Hearing Shiverpaw speak once more, Graystar nodded slightly. "Alright, we could try that." The gray-furred wolf replied. She slowed down to a stop, a few paces away from the elk. "When wolves hunt elk, we usually stalk up to the prey and chase it; should we ambush the elk, or did you have a different starting technique in mind?" Graystar said, her voice just above that of murmur.

View user profile

14 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:07 am

"I'm thinking ambush." the white dog answers her mentor and leader. She looks at the elk, concentrating on the ambush. "So, now what shall we do?" she whispers towards Graystar. The white dog was concerned that the elk could see her white pelt, for it was bright and a dead giveaway. I'm excited about this and worried at the same time, I don't remember feeling it like this before she thought.

"Every time I answer that I'm okay after you ask me if I'm alright, it's always a lie when I say that I'm fine."

"I'd do anything to impress someone I know is better than me, but no matter how hard I try to do that, I'm still not trying hard enough!"
View user profile

15 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:32 am

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar nodded in response to Shiverpaw's reply. "We can sneak up on the elk, and chase it up river. You said that when dogs hunt, they chase their prey back towards the other dog, or wolf?" The medium-sized wolf asked, pausing to hear Shiverpaw's answer before continuing. "I could run ahead or around the elk, and let out a short howl for you to chase the elk in my direction, and then we could both take down the elk after that?" Graystar murmured, waiting to hear Shiverpaw's thoughts on the plan.

View user profile

16 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:38 am

"Sounds good enough to me, just watch out, I don't want you getting trampled by a 500 pound animal." she whispers back to her leader. The white dog then gave Graystar a nod of the head to signal the start of the plan. Perhaps this house dog just picked up a scent of respect she thought humorously in her mind. "Be careful, Graystar." she says to the bluish gray wolf.

View user profile

17 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:52 am

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar nodded as she heard her apprentice's response. "I'll be certain to be careful. Be cautious as well; if you end up getting hurt, though, we can stop the hunt." The leader started, stepping forward. "I'll run ahead, and then howl once I'm ready." Graystar whispered back, before turning to the side and quietly running off. She closed her eyes slightly as the wind blew against her; despite this, she liked running as she was rather fast. Once Graystar was certain that she was far enough from the elk so that she wouldn't startle it, she changed direction and began running up river for a few paces. Graystar stopped nearby a tree, crouching down. This should be far enough. The wolf thought, before lifting up her muzzle and letting out a short howl to alert Shiverpaw. I hope that Shiverpaw doesn't get injured. Graystar thought, shivering slightly as she recalled her father's injury; he hadn't been able to fully return to his warrior duties. The leader shook her head; Shiverpaw wouldn't get hurt, and the medicine wolf would be able to help if either of them did need any herbs.

View user profile

18 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:03 am

Shiverpaw heard the howl and started chasing after the elf, biting at its ankles to urge it forward. She stayed as close to it as possible but still avoided being kick or being hit by a hoof. Her speedy reflexes were working, and she was chasing the elk towards Graystar. This ain't as hard as I thought it would be she thought. The air that flowed into her eyes caused her to lose sight for a second, barely avoiding a flying hoof. She noticed that the elk was heading towards the river to try to escape. "Oh, no you don't." she said and got between the river and the elk, still pushing it forward with biting at its ankles. She was almost to Graystar when she didn't see a hoof coming that hit her it the side, making her yelp in pain and stumble next to the river.

View user profile

19 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar waited quietly in the shadows of the nearby trees, her golden eyes looking forward as she tried to see if the elk were near. Soon she caught its scent, and prepared to leap out to surprise the prey. The elk crashed through the bushes, running quickly; Graystar didn't notice Shiverpaw nearby, however, instead hearing a yelp. "Shiverpaw?" Graystar called out, wondering if Shiverpaw was just running behind. She glanced after the elk, before recalling the yelp she had earlier heard; had the apprentice been injured, instead? We can track the elk by its scent trail later, if Shiverpaw hadn't been injured. Graystar thought, quickly sprinting back the way the elk had came, and looking out towards the river. The bluish-gray wolf noticed Shiverpaw stumble nearby the shore. "Shiverpaw! Are you okay?" Graystar asked, running over towards the river's edge.

View user profile

20 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
Shiverpaw got up on her four legs, blood leaking from the wound on her side from the elk's hoof. She whimpered once but quickly limped over to Graystar's side. "I'm okay, it was only a scratch." she said, but it was more than a scratch. Blood oozed out of the wound and she looked at the leader, fright in shining in her eyes, and pain in her features. She looked at her side and saw the blood. "I'm guessing it is more than a scratch now." she says sadly, flattening her ears. The white dog had only started training and had already got an injury.

Credit

View user profile

21 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar glanced to Shiverpaw as she heard the shepherd dog speak, noticing her injury. The leader frowned, wondering what she'd be able to do. "I'm so sorry; I should have recommended hunting smaller prey first." Graystar started. "I could try to find some cobwebs; did you want to stop by at camp for the medicine wolf to help?" The gray-furred wolf asked, her golden eyes glancing around for any herbs that she recognized while waiting for Shiverpaw's response.

View user profile

22 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
"I think it may be better to stay here, because I don't want to bother the Medicine Wolf with my little wound." she says but when she steps once towards a tree she whines in pain and limps a little in her step. Why am I so negative, honestly, I wasn't always this way? the white dog asked herself. "Hey Graystar, perhaps me and you can go to the border to find out if I can see Graywolf, I haven't seen her in a while, I'm kind of curious about how she's doing?" she asks the leader as she reaches the tree and lies down on her uninjured side. I wonder if Tanya made it into Thunderclan like she wanted? the White Swiss Shepherd dog thought to herself, trying to take her mind off the pain of the wound on her side. She looked at her leader, brown eyes sparkling in interest and in awe at the fae, yet, her whole life had been nothing like this kind of treatment. She wondered if she'd ever see her friends again, they had spread out to their clans just as they came to the new territories. "I hope I am able to see them soon, since the moving of the clans, both of my friends are more interested in either exploring it or hunting. I used to be with Tanya, but she vanished from my sight. Tanya wanted to be in Thunderclan." she said after a little while. She flinches in pain then starts to lick her wound clean of blood. "Graystar, I'm sorry for wondering too much about my friends, but they were there for me before I even thought about joining a clan." the white dog says, trying to stand up. "We should probably go tracking that elf, wouldn't want the clan with empty bellies, now would we?" she says, taking a step, then falling to the ground in a yelp of pain.

View user profile

23 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Graystar

Clan Leader
Graystar's golden eyes glanced down at the apprentice as Shiverpaw began to speak. "We could go to the border if you think that you could walk there; we could work on finding prey along the way." The leader started. Spotting some cobwebs on a nearby tree, Graystar trotted over, scooping up some of the cobwebs with a paw and padding back to where Shiverpaw is. "Medicine wolves usually use cobwebs to help injuries." She said, placing the cobwebs over Shiverpaw's wound, hoping that it would be able to help. Stepping back, Graystar listened as Shiverpaw spoke about her friends who had both joined other Clans. She nodded slightly; the blue-gray wolf still missed her brother, who hadn't yet returned from the other forest. Hearing Shiverpaw's next words, Graystar nodded once more, though soon frowned as she heard Shiverpaw's yelp. "We don't have to hunt the elk now if you'd want; we could hunt it later if your injury is hurting too much." The leader said.

View user profile

24 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
The white dog looked at her leader. "I may be able to get to camp without causing too much pain to the wound." she says but then stops as the blue-grey wolf wrapped her wound with some cobwebs. How did she know so much? the fae thought and looked at the cobwebs on her side. She then lied back down and looked around. "I guess training will have to wait until I'm better, I guess." the fae said. Her right ear twitched as it itched, but she was in too much pain to try and scratch it.

Credit

View user profile

25 Re: Shiverpaw training with Graystar on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:41 pm

Kitpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Kitpup runs up to Graystar and Shiverpaw, but skids to a stop when she smells blood. She quickly looks at both wolves, and sees Shiverpaw's wound. "Oh Starclan, Shiverpaw are you ok?" Kitpup exclaims and looks at both of the wolves. She whimpers slightly, and wants to cuddle next to Shiverpaw, who she considers a friend. "What happened?" Kitpup asks. "Are you going to be ok?" Wait, is Graystar going to yell at me for coming out of camp...? She wonders, and hunkers down in a scared posture, eyes full of fear as she looks at Graystar. "Please, I'm sorry for coming, but I just wanted to know where you were, and I had something to show you at camp, and couldn't wait. I'm sorry, please don't yell at me. I won't do it ever again." The apprentice sized pup whimpers.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum