An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Fireflash

Young Warrior
Training form credit to Magmafeather

Welcome to the training thread!
Anyone can join in! :^)  

Roleplay Stats:

Hunting Large Animals [0/60]
Successful- 12 points
Unsuccessful- 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals [0/60]
Successful- 8 points
Unsuccessful- 4 points

Hunting Small Animals [0/60]
Successful- 4 points
Unsuccessful- 2 points

Fishing [0/60]
Successful- 6 points
Unsuccessful- 3 points

Finding Prey [0/60]
Small:
Successful- 4 points
Unsuccessful- 2 points
If many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey

Medium/Fish:
Successful- 5 points
Unsuccessful- 3 points

Large:
Successful- 6 points
Unsuccessful- 3 points

Finding Herbs [0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points
Not very fast- 4 points
Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators [0/60]
Found any- 8 points
Unsuccessful- 2 points
Finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give half the points

Offensive Fighting [0/60]
Successful move- 6 points Unsuccessful- 4 points
More may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting [0/60]
Successful move- 7 points Unsuccessful- 4 points

Problem Solving [0/60]
Solution found quickly- 10 points Solution found- 8 points
Tried but no solution found- 4 points

---

Fireflash shouldered her way past a low bush into a clearing on the edge of Maple Forest, smiling at the crispness of the crisp, cold leafbare air. Snow had gathered in the shadows of the trees on the perimeter of the hollow where the sun couldn't reach, and the river was a distant gurgle past the narrow aspen trees that bordered the far side of the clearing. Her sigh of contentment misted out of her mouth, gathering in the air before fading away and she let herself fall ungracefully down onto the thin green grass. She tucked her paws against her chest, reveling in the warm sunlight on her stomach.

2 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Redwind

Young Warrior
The brownish red apprentice padded through the brush. Rustling the brambles and thorns,that clung to his pelt. He paid them no mind. He glanced around and noticed some prey skittering around. He snorted loudly and lashed his tail. Red glanced around for his mentor. Where is that pile of fur? He growled under his breath and finally spotted the white speckled coat by the trees. The cold of Leaf-bare stung his nose. He wrinkled it,but he enjoyed the cool air. He sighed loudly and his breath steamed up from his mouth and disappeared. His ears perked up at the challenge of training,and he approached Fireflash to begin. His still puppy blue eyes narrowed. "Having fun there?" He asked in a sarcastic curious tone. He clicked his tongue and sat down on his rump. "Are we going to start,or do you want to continue laying around in the sun?"

Redwind's Biography

"What are you grinning about?"

"Let the others have stupidity. I've got me."

"You're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?"

Help the tiny children

Signature Credit
View user profile

3 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Fireflash

Young Warrior
Fireflash gave him a smile and sat up slightly, making the orange leaves stuck to her fur drift back onto the ground. She shook her head to clear pelt of the debris, eyes glowing with contentment. "I see no reason why I can't indulge in a little leaf-rolling. This is the youngest I'm ever going to be again, so why wait until I'm old to enjoy myself?" Nevertheless, she stood up, surveying her new apprentice with a calculating gaze. "Let's begin. Since I can already tell you're going to be a large adult, we'll start with something I know you'll be good at--offensive battle moves. Our final battling styles will be similar, though I'd encourage you to practice other forms than mine, because it takes many moons of training and the integration of different fighting techniques to become an adept fighter. The most simple move to learn is the quick bite. It's a fast, shallow strike at an opponent's vulnerable points--the eyes, ears, nose, tail, neck--that can quickly decide the victor of a battle. A good hit will always incapacitate your opponent, and if they are undisciplined or intimidated, may even be enough to make them flee." She adjusted her stance, holding her head and tail high as she balanced on her weight on her back legs, her lips lifting in a snarl, then dropped down onto her forepaws again, bringing her jaws closed on the flesh of an imaginary opponent in one swift motion. "Like that. Ready to try it for yourself?"

4 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Redwind

Young Warrior
[color=sienna]Redpaw sneered at her somewhat 'wise' words. He looked aside when he heard some more rustling in the brush. Red sighed and turned back to his mentor. Not catching the thing about him growing to be a larger wolf. He just noticed the fact that they were fighting. His ears twitched,and his face hardened into a solemn look. Fireflash decided to explain the obvious about biting things. His eyes twitched in annoyance. He grunted in response,and watched as Fire demonstrated it to him. Red narrowed his blue eyes and shifted his weight to his back legs. Since it seemed she jumped forward at the last moment. His balance also shifted,so he held his tail erect,which moved when he swayed a little. His face curled up in a snarl and he bit down on thin air. It felt abnormal,and the gnashing of his teeth jarred his senses. Everything seemed to ring in his ears.
Once he pulled back,he roughly shook his head,and swiped his tongue across his ivory teeth. He grimaced at the pain that seemed to throb in his jaw. "Can't we practice on something real?" He moaned.

Redwind's Biography

Help the tiny children

Signature Credit
View user profile

5 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Fireflash

Young Warrior
Fireflash gave him a placating smile. "I know it's weird at first. Probably hurts too. But it's better for you to get used to hurting now so during a hunt or a battle, it's not your biggest concern." She tilted her head. "I suppose we could actually do something in terms of a training dummy. If you can collect get some sticks and some big stones, I could probably make you something to actually bite. That'd be more practical for training anyways.." She blinked, then looked down at the apprentice with a warm smile. "Good thinking, Redpaw."

6 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:57 am

Ravenclaw

Senior Warrior
"Y-Yeah...Thanks..." His blue eyes narrowed to slots. He was suspicious of her not being annoyed by his complaining. Maybe she was just trying to get through got him. He frowned,but shoved the thought away. He turned and dove into the brush. Rusting leaves and branches that scratched his pelt. He pushed through and shook his brownish red pelt.
His lowered his nose and sniffed the ground. He picked up some branches,and started a pile. He padded back and forth from the pile and to scour around of branches. Each time straying a bit farther and farther.

Warrior of Stormclan

Ravenclaw's Biography

"I'm not lazy, you're just too energetic."

"Children have a much more innocent passion than we can ever remember."

"Traditions are more then rusty old habits. They can teach you the mistakes of the past and of the innocent. Do not doubt time's anger at the world."
View user profile

7 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:35 am

Fireflash

Young Warrior
Fireflash nosed her into the bushes, pawing at the larger rocks to get them loose from the dirt. "Don't go too far, Redpaw, I don't need many branches and it shouldn't take too long to make the dummy. Actually.. I think I'll let you make it. No use in taking all the fun problem-solving exercises myself," she offered him a sly smile before going back to rolling the rocks into the clearing. She stacked them more or less haphazardly, contented that she could easily get more if it was needed.

8 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Redwind

Young Warrior
Redpaw rolled his eyes,but he picked up the pile of stick under his chin,and picked up the rest in his mouth. He gently set them on the ground scratching his chin a little with his paw. He picked out a few splinters that got tangled into his fur. He stuck out a tongue and looked down at it for some wood on it. Thankfully nothing was sticking out of it. He slipped it back into his mouth and wiped it over his ivory white teeth. He then looked towards Fireflash. He stared at the rock pile and narrowed his eyes in scrutiny. "I don't believe I can bite down on rocks...?" He said as he tried to state the obvious. Red was always ready to voice his opinions. Rely on his to find something wrong with a solution.

Redwind's Biography

Help the tiny children

Signature Credit
View user profile

9 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Fireflash

Young Warrior
Fireflash opened her eyes wider in an attempt to look innocent, though her mouth betrayed how hard she was trying to hold back her laughter and failing. "I'm not asking you to bite rocks, I'm not an idiot." She gestured towards the pile of rocks and sticks with her tail, giving him full rein. "Your challenge is to solve your own problems by making the solution yourself. I'll help, but it'll be your ingenuity that will be tested." She leaned back, her pose and expression easy and relaxed. "And before you mutter that this has no point, this is your enemy. Just as you practice and build yourself up, so do they. By knowing how they are created, you can disassemble them with ease." She smiled, “It is said that if one knows oneself, and one's enemy, one may win a hundred battles. Knowing oneself, but not one's enemy, one may win only fifty of one hundred battles. Knowing neither oneself, nor one's enemy, one will always suffer defeat.”

10 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Weedfang

Young Warrior
Redpaw lost Fireflash at ingenuity. All he stuck to was brute force,and if that didn't work. Get more brute force. He sniffled at little at the cool wind that blow through his fur and glanced at the rock dummy again. "So then...I just disassemble it,like how we just built it?" Red emphasized the word,just. Mostly because he really did think it was stupid. He glanced at Fireflash like she really was an idiot.

(Sorry I haven't posted recently)

Weedfang's Biography

"Anything worth having isn't perfect."

"What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it’s supposed to be like."

"Wisdom is a poor and rich man's currency.

Signature Credit
View user profile

11 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Fireflash

Young Warrior
Fireflash gave a musing 'hm', then laughed, her eyes bright. "Redpaw, either you're pretending to be dull and disinterested because you think it will gain you some semblance of respect from me.. or you're really not suited to planning out anything past not hitting trees when you run." She stood up, tail wagging, "Honestly, I might as well just leave you here and get myself something to eat. That would give you a nice deadline to test to see if you can stack rocks and sticks together, let alone build something you can bite effectively." She laughed. "Build something you'll be proud of other people seeing, and that will withstand your blows until you are strong enough. I don't tell you to do things because I like hearing my own voice, Redpaw. While I can agree it's pretty great, I'm only saying all of this because I still don't know your learning style. I don't want you to suffer because I failed to teach you."

12 Re: Redpaw's Training with Fireflash on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Weedfang

Young Warrior
(You sound like one of my actual teachers...)

Redpaw's eye twitched. There was the comeback. He sighed and looked at the crude rock and stick figure. "So I build it,and keep practicing with it? And if it doesn't stand my strength anymore." The apprentice paused and looked at his mentor. "I build it up again,and that time,even stronger?" Seemed simple enough.

Weedfang's Biography

"Anything worth having isn't perfect."

"What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it’s supposed to be like."

"Wisdom is a poor and rich man's currency.

Signature Credit
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum