An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1 Sleepy Valley on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Idea by Lunalight]

Sleepy Valley, which is always bathed in sunlight. No matter if it's winter or summer its grass is always green and high. Due to the heavy rains on a few places were formed swamps. Rich in game, this is the perfect place for hunting or a peaceful relax.

View user profile http://thefourclansrpg.forumotion.com

26 Re: Sleepy Valley on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Kody

Loner/Rogue
Kody had nodded when Sky asked if he was okay; he tried hiding his embarrassment at falling into the stream. At her next words he nodded once more. "Yeah. We'd better be careful," he murmured in agreement. He hadn't run across people more than a couple of times, and had never seen a person up close. If Sky said that Twolegs were dangerous, then they were dangerous and he hoped never to meet one face to face. The loner trotted off after Sky as she took the lead, his ears perked forward to detect any unfamiliar sounds. His pelt bristled when the Twoleg-scent became stronger; what if they were lurking just out of sight, hidden by the trees? Or the bushes? The scent's a bit stale, even if it's stronger now. They're not here at the moment, he tried convincing himself. He started to mark the territory as theirs, hoping that they wouldn't get attacked by Twolegs. "The Twoleg scent is stale, right? I... I hope that they're gone for good." The lack of prey in the forest worried him. Were the Twolegs the cause, or where the two matters separate?

View user profile

27 Re: Sleepy Valley on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:40 am

Sky looked around after marking the tree her keen nose picking up fresh scent, watching how worried Kody had become during all this she padded over to him to flick his shoulder with her tail "The scents old, the prey will come back over the next few days or so" She told him confidently a kind look on her face she scented around a little more and frowned a little. But didn't say anything not wanting to worry Kody she continued on leading him through the forest and picking a few other objects that stood out to stand as their borders. A large rock in the shape of a bear, an old tree that had long split into two halves, appearing out on the other side of the forest walking through the belly deep grass the beautiful full moon making her sop and take it in in awe. She'd never seen a full moon so big before and her jaws parted a little at its beauty.

If we jump into the water
Would we swim or would we drown?
If we build a set of wings then
Could we fly or just fall down?
And if you keep talking to me
Through this darkness, through this night
I'll be alright

Click for Skys theme
Other Characters: Ashfall, Blackaddder, Bramblerose, Cheshiregrin, Coffeebean, Cygnetwhistle, Embershard, Forsakensoul, Frozenfeather, Ghost, Honeybadger, Jaques, Jestergrin, Lana, Lilacsplash, Maplebreeze, Melissa, Mistypelt, Mustangspirit, Peachblossom,  Rosethorn, Shadowheart, Sky, Sofia Silverfern, Steel, Stormblade, Ted, Thomas,  Willowmist

View user profile

28 Re: Sleepy Valley on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:52 am

Kody

Loner/Rogue
Kody nodded slightly at Sky's words. That seemed logical; the Twolegs had just scared away the prey for the moment, and it would come back after a few days. That would happen, surely. "Yeah. You're probably right," he said in response. He followed after Sky, setting a few new markers for their territory. They soon reached the end of the forest, and Kody stepped out cautiously. They were back in the open; if the Twolegs had been following them, they'd be able to see them clearly now. Or anyone else would be able to, for that matter. He noticed Sky's gaze turned up to the sky, and glanced up at the moon above as well. "It is rather pretty," he murmured. He paused, recalling a story he had once heard a loner telling to another. "I once overheard that those large packs of wolves... the Clans? I heard that they all go to this one place when the moon is full. I haven't the faintest idea why, but maybe they gather to view the moon, too," he said in a quiet voice. He paused once more. "You probably haven't heard of the Clans, have you?" he asked.

View user profile

29 Re: Sleepy Valley on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:24 am

She had been lost in awe of the moon and his word had caused her sapphire coloured eyes to glance over at him, feeling a little shy for a moment. He spoke to her about these packs that called themselves clans and a slightly bewildered look coloured her features, she didn't know about any other packs having had no clue that there were some around here. His question caused her to gently shake her head "No I haven't, would you mind telling me some more about them?" she asked quietly in her sweet tones. The blue furred female who'd grown up believing she was a dog had begun to enjoy being a wolf out here, the valley was lovely and peaceful and Kody was a companion whos company was relaxing and comfortable. She liked that they knew different things, it meant that there was much they could teach each other.

I'll be alright

Click for Skys theme
Other Characters: Ashfall, Blackaddder, Bramblerose, Cheshiregrin, Coffeebean, Cygnetwhistle, Embershard, Forsakensoul, Frozenfeather, Ghost, Honeybadger, Jaques, Jestergrin, Lana, Lilacsplash, Maplebreeze, Melissa, Mistypelt, Mustangspirit, Peachblossom,  Rosethorn, Shadowheart, Sky, Sofia Silverfern, Steel, Stormblade, Ted, Thomas,  Willowmist

View user profile

30 Re: Sleepy Valley on Sun May 15, 2016 1:33 am

Kody

Loner/Rogue
Kody gave a small nod at Sky's question. "Sure. I don't know that much about them, but I'll tell you what I've learned." The small wolf tried to think back to every occasion in which he'd ever heard the Clans mentioned or otherwise came into contact with them. "The Clans are really big—huge. Some have many more wolves than your average wolf pack. I believe that they're overly protective of their borders. I used to live in a forest after getting lost from my pack, but then the Clans came in and I left. They probably would have made me leave if I hadn't chosen to on my own." He paused for a few moments. "They chased out all the loners. At least I'm pretty sure that they did, because in the next couple months after their arrival many more loners showed up in these lands. They don't seem to want to share their prey," he said. "I'm not certain, but I believe that they may have a different hierarchy from most other packs. I've never run across a Clan wolf before, but with so many wolves per Clan... it seems likely that they must either accept a lot of wolves into their Clan or have some sort of different ranking system where the pack isn't only comprised of an alpha pair and subordinates," he added. He wondered what Sky would think of the Clans; he himself found them to be interesting, but he was wary of them as well.

View user profile

31 Re: Sleepy Valley on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:38 am

The sweet enough thing listened carefully as her new found friend spoke about the strange clans her blue eyes widening with surprise at the things he spoke about. She'd never heard of any pack of wolves like any of this before, they sounded so strange! It admittedly did make her curious to meet some but if they were over possessive about their borders it definitely didn't sound like it was worth it. "wow... they sound kinda dangerous" she admitted finally after thinking to herself about it all "I think I'd rather stay out here than get mixed up in all of that" . She was quite happy with things the way they were, Kody was nice company, and things just seemed simpler with just two instead of a huge hoarde of wolves.

I'll be alright

Click for Skys theme

View user profile

32 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:27 am

Melissa

Loner/Rogue
The brown creature slipped through the area, her dark brown eyes picking up movements of prey even as her nose and ears relayed information to her. Finding a spot she came to a halt and looked at Julian "Forget what you see, close your eyes. Tell me what prey you smell, what prey you hear" she told him sitting down and curling her thick tail around over her paws. She could smell herself a pair of wolves not far from here, but they were far enough away for the moment, there were some border markers that were quite fresh which she also ignored. Two wolves were not a significant threat to her, she'd fought worse odds before. Her own nose after careful inspection could smell the odd deer, some rabbits and hares, various low land birds like pheasants and partridges.

"Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too quick i would catch it"
"What do you mean I missed the point, words are neither pointy or blunt"
“You have to remain accurate and focused despite the conditions that you face."

Melissa's theme
Melissas Song
View user profile

33 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:58 am

Julian

Loner/Rogue
Quietly, he sat near her, obediently shutting his eyes to try and do what she'd said. He wasn't sure what he'd be able to smell, but he liked smelling for things, so this would be easier than the stalking practice had been. He sniffed carefully, smelling rabbits and deer, and some sorts of feathered rabbits and other things he didn't know what they smelt like. There were no woolies that he could smell, nor any of the four legs that his two legs used to get on their backs. And there were other scents that could be wolves or something. He wasn't really sure. Wondering what to do now, he opened his eyes to look at her, waiting.

"There is nothing more painful than your first howl being one of grief."
”Time for tucker?”
“Get the job done and grab some smoko, mate. Ease up.”
"G'day, mate. How's it going?"
"Yeah, no worries. She'll be right, mate."
"Yeah, nah - that means no. Nah, yeah - that means yes."

I Come From a Land Down Under

Dictionary 1 Dictionary 2 Dictionary 3
View user profile

34 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:04 am

Melissa

Loner/Rogue
Her tail flicked when he didn't reply, she narrowed her brown eyes for a moment before she spoke "Pick a bird or something small to hunt, keep your body down wind or you will warn it that you are there." she remained sitting wondering what he would pick to hunt and how bad or good he would do. An ear remained flicked back listening to the area keeping an ear out for the owner of the two wolf scents. If she had to she would defend the pup, she didn't know if she'd teach him how to fight or not and wished she could talk with her brother about that. He always knew what to do.

Melissa's theme
Melissas Song
View user profile

35 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:14 am

Killian

Loner/Rogue
He arrived in time to see her flick her tail in annoyance. Recognising the movement, he tilted his head slightly, shaking when his ear flopped into his vision. What had the pup done to annoy her if he didn't even speak? That was a novelty. "What's the plan now, little sister?" He sat down where he stood, his ears absently twitching to keep track of everyone that he could smell.

"You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?"
“It's not getting to the land of the dead that's the problem. It's getting back."
“You want to kill me? You’ll have to find me first.”
“Everyone has light around them. Except for me. I have shadows.”
"There's never a guarantee of coming back. It's the passing on that's certain."

"Stay low. Go fast. Kill first. Die last. One shot. One kill. Not luck. All skill."
View user profile

36 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:20 am

Melissa

Loner/Rogue
Mel dipped her head seeing her brother, waiting until Julian had moved to hunt something she spoke softly "I do not know if I should teach him to defend himself or not" her brown eyes flicked from the young dog to her brother and back. She was a little tense unsure if they were on the territory that was marked or not, reminding herself that she would be able to kill the two wolves without a shred of trouble since she had her brothers company with her. She yawned showing sharp white teeth as she waited for her brothers reply to her softly spoken comment

Melissa's theme
Melissas Song
View user profile

37 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:25 am

Julian

Loner/Rogue
Julian flicked his ears when the male turned up, listening quietly to their conversation. He wasn't sure he wanted to learn how to fight, but he wasn't feeling like talking just yet, so he'd go along with whatever she was willing to teach him. Deciding to follow the most familiar scent of the rabbit, he crept along behind it, making sure to watch where he was placing his feet and making sure the wind was blowing towards him, just like she'd told him to. Crouching close to the rabbit, he eyed it carefully, and then pounced, missing by only a few centimetres, but the rabbit was off. He just sat and watched it go, already knowing that he wasn't fast enough to catch it once they'd seen him coming.

”Time for tucker?”

View user profile

38 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:33 am

Killian

Loner/Rogue
He considered it, watching the young dog as he missed the rabbit. Although he had managed to get much closer than the black wolf had originally given him credit for. Clearly Mel was good at teaching, or the pup just understood what she meant. "Perhaps teach him the basics. If he won't go back to where he came from, then he'll need something. He's too soft to be left alone without being able to stop from getting killed. Especially if you are trying to repay your dead friend," he added. He rubbed at his scarred leg for a few moments, thinking through it. "How was he with the stalking?"

“It's not getting to the land of the dead that's the problem. It's getting back."

"Stay low. Go fast. Kill first. Die last. One shot. One kill. Not luck. All skill."
View user profile

39 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:38 am

Melissa

Loner/Rogue
Mel fixed her brother with a stare "I do not have friends. I do not like to owe, there is a difference brother mine" she told him firmly, looking over at the pup she spoke "Keep hunting until you catch something" her voice was calm but firm low enough to move through the air without startling much prey. She wondered distantly who the other smells belonged to, deciding that it wasn't worth getting up and investigating she continued watching the young kelpie. She'd never had anyone before she'd had Killian and couldn't imagine loosing him, so in a distant unemotional way she understood what the dog was going through. But she also had a distinct lack of empathy for those she didn't care about and for now the pup was just a debt to be paid.

Melissa's theme
Melissas Song
View user profile

40 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:43 am

Julian

Loner/Rogue
He gave no indication that he'd heard what she'd said apart from keep hunting, but he had, and he drooped a little inside. She really didn't want him around. She was just helping him because of Rain. Vanishing off into the bushes again, stalking another rabbit that he soon scented. He managed to land on this one, though he had no clue what to do with it now, and just watched it as it struggled, utterly clueless. after a few minutes, he lifted his paws and watched it scamper off, sitting down with a plop. He'd learn everything he could as fast as he could, and then he'd leave, because he was just being a burden, and she wanted to do other things that didn't involve looking after him.

”Time for tucker?”

View user profile

41 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:00 am

Melissa

Loner/Rogue
His movements caught melissas eye, getting up she abandoned her brother temporarily and padded over to the pup "when you catch the prey you bite the back of its neck or its throat to kill it" she informed him glancing over at the rabbit that was still running as fast as it could "You did well to catch one on your second try" she informed him "After you have hunted different things I will teach you how to defend yourself" she indicated with her muzzle for him to go off and try again before she returned to her brothers side. Setting her haunches down she wondered if the pup was going to be okay before shaking her head to rid herself of such foolish thoughts, to care for others who weren't her brother was to get herself killed.

Melissa's theme
Melissas Song
View user profile

42 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:08 am

Killian

Loner/Rogue
Killian yawned, still keeping an ear on the two other wolves that were lurking around. He didn't want to be caught with his guards down. "You are doing well with him, sister. He's a fast learner, at the very least." And he didn't seem to be as lost in grief now that he had something else to think about. Pups were all the same, give them something else to think about, and they would be fine.

View user profile

43 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:09 am

Julian

Loner/Rogue
He perked up a little bit at her praise, nodding when she told him what to do with the prey once he'd caught it. Beginning to get the idea of how to hunt, he tried again, going for one of the birds, and yelping when he was pecked furiously on the head. Abandoning all appearances as grace he fled back to the older wolves with his tail between his leg, squeezing between them to get away from the furious bird. His ears were hurting now, and he sniffled.

”Time for tucker?”

View user profile

44 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:15 am

Melissa

Loner/Rogue
Melissa nodded, at the sound of squawking she looked up and tilted her head seeing a furious bird chasing the pup. He ducked around behind her, her features remained the same before she lunged forward her teeth closing around the bird. Her jaws snapped shut crushing the delicate ribs of the bird and killing it, dropping it to the ground she pushed it over towards her brother for him to eat. The pup wasn't to eat until he had successfully hunted something, turning around to him her pink tongue cleaned her muzzle of blood. She didn't say anything negative just tilted her head slightly her dark brown eyes intelligent and watchful, unsure if he was going to start crying again she flicked her ears "Try again, you will get it with time" she told him quietly ignoring the bird she'd killed easily, without effort.

Melissa's theme
Melissas Song
View user profile

45 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:29 am

Julian

Loner/Rogue
He watched enviously as she killed the bird so easily, managing to stop the whimper that wanted to come out when she didn't give it to him. He was hungry. He crept forward a little, aiming for the bird, but wary of being told off. He was so hungry though. He hesitated between them, trembling a little, his stomach beginning to hurt. He wanted to eat.

”Time for tucker?”

View user profile

46 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:29 am

Killian

Loner/Rogue
Killian snarled at the pup, guarding his food jealously. Mel was the only one he allowed to touch his food, and this upstart dog wasn't going to get near it. Darkly satisfied when the pup promptly rolled over in fear, the male demolished the bird in a few gulps, licking his lips when he was done. The pup hadn't earned his meal yet. He hadn't even managed to kill anything.

View user profile

47 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:37 am

Melissa

Loner/Rogue
She hadn't done anything knowing her brother would defend the prey, the pup had to learn that the world would not just give him things because he wanted them. He had to fight for it, earn it, "Make a kill and you will get to eat it without any interruptions" she told him. Hunger was a good teacher, she and Killian had missed many a meal when they hadn't been good enough, hadn't done well enough. Compared to what she and Killian had been through he had it easy, she waited for him to head back out and hunt again. The distant calling out of birds gained her attention, the ability to fly and be truly free of the world around her, to flap wings and to be transported from one place to another.

Melissa's theme
Melissas Song
View user profile

48 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:42 am

Julian

Loner/Rogue
Giving the dark male a rather wide berth, more scared of him now than he had been before, Julian crept back to the bushes to try again. He ignored the bird smells this time, not wishing to get pecked at again, and sniffed around for another rabbit. He'd caught one of them before, maybe he'd be able to kill it when he caught it this time. His stomach hurt again, but he tried to ignore it. It still wasn't quite as bad as the pain of losing Rain, but he pushed that away too. Finding the scent he crept closer, his tail wagging slightly at the nearness of his meal. Bounding forward, he remembered to bite down at the last minute, just before the rabbit tried to run. Utterly proud of himself, he carried the limp bunny back to his teachers, hopefulness in his gaze that he'd done it right this time.

”Time for tucker?”

View user profile

49 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:01 am

Melissa

Loner/Rogue
Melissas brown gaze seemed slightly approving when the pup turned up with a dead rabbit in his jaws "You may eat, hunt many different things and you will learn the best way to hunt them. Experience is an important teacher" she revealed getting up onto her paws she stretched. Her wiry body flexing as she did so, she lightly batted at her brother almost playfully, she flicked her tail waiting for the pup to finish eating so she could begin teaching him how to fight.

Melissa's theme
Melissas Song
View user profile

50 Re: Sleepy Valley on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:45 am

Killian

Loner/Rogue
Killian butted his head into his sister's side just as playfully, nipping at her ears lightly. His coat rippled over his lean frame, shining slightly when he moved in the sun. "Catching a rabbit second try is good," he remarked. He knew that twitch of her tail, and licked her cheek. "be careful with the fighting. he's not as used to it as we are."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum