An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 The Jagged Cliff on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:04 pm

The Jagged Cliff has a steep cliff, followed by a group of jagged, sharp stones. Falls down this cliff often results in death among all creatures. The series of stones that seem to whisper in your ear. If you listen closely enough, they will tell you the words of the ancient wolves.

View user profile http://thefourclansrpg.forumotion.com

2 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Bluespirit

Medicine Wolf
"It's even cold here!" The brute snorted as the wind of upcoming leaf-bare blew against his fur. The male sniffed lightly for any herbs. Foxdung. I have to start walking around now. "Kid, you're gonna have to act as my eyes. Because.. well.. you know why." The pale gray and dark blue brute slowly walked along the edge. While he didn't put faith and trust into many wolves, he had to trust this apprentice for sure. "Anyway, what's your name? I can't recognize your voice." After giving a pause for the apprentice to reply, the brute stopped in his tracks. Is that Lamb's Ear? ... Boy, I'm sure lucky to have found that! We didn't have any of that in the last territory. The brute sniffed again to smell another scent of herbs. Good Starclan! Ragweed too? The blue eyed male slowly began to walk to find the herbs. Bluespirit didn't know that he was at an angle to where he would head off the cliff, but then again, he had put his trust in Larkpaw.

3 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Larkpaw padded out after the Medicine Wolf. She had been silent the whole way over, not really sure what to say. She watched him poke around some weeds, starting to get bored. Blue then asked her name, and she blinked."It's Larkpaw." She replied. Carefully, the She-wolf padded toward the edge of the cliff. She gazed down, awed by the height. There was a strange breeze, and Lark strained her ears as if to listen, but the wind died down and there was only silence. So she turned back to Bluespirit, and stomach clinched as she saw how close he was to the edge. "Be careful Bluespirit." She warned, "There's a cliff, a few paw-steps to your left." Lark padded next to him.

View user profile

4 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Bluespirit

Medicine Wolf
The pale gray male halted immediately as the female called his name. He nodded in acknowledgement and turned himself at a reasonable angle to where he wouldn't fall off, judging by the current angle that he was in before. Slowly, the male began to walk, slowly at first, as he trailed to where the scent was strongest. As he approached a leafy plant with his paws, he lowered his nose down onto the plant, sniffing lightly. "Lamb's ear," he muttered. Bluespirit then began to nudge the plant to find the root, then pulled it up from the ground when he found it. "Wheel haveth to gool toward theh mooors to findeth anyah othera herbehs." Ragweed can be gotten later, since it has the same use.

5 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:56 pm

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Larkpaw nodded, relieved that he had stepped away from the cliff. She blinked at the herbs he'd picked up. "Hmm, is that Lamb's Ear?" The Apprentice asked studying the strange plant. "It seems like I dreamed that herb..." She said to herself, but not under the Medicine Wolf's hearing. Some nights ago, she had dreamed about thick plants blocking her path from chasing a hare.

View user profile

6 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Foxpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Graywolf sneaked up from behind them and popped out from behind a big rock. "Hey Larkpaw. Oh, hey Bluespirit." she bowed her respect. "May I ask whatever you're doing here in this barren place?" she asks curiously. Her golden brown eyes twinkle in suspicion, since the medicine wolf had become blind, she was wondering what he was doing in such a dangerous place, on slip and he could be killed. "I was just at Windclan camp, decided to follow you to see what you were doing." she adds, "And here." she says through her teeth, while holding another Lamb's Ear in her mouth.

View user profile http://www.forgottenpawsteps.forumotion.com/forum

7 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Larkpaw had been deep in thought, staring at the plant. So she had been rather surprised when Graywolf had trotted up to them, asking what they were doing here. "What do you think we're doing with all these plants around?" She thought silently. But answered: "We're collecting herbs." The She-wolf swung her head to glance at Bluespirit, wondering if he would answer her question about the herb she had recognized. "Strange I know that, I'm no Medicine Wolf." But she had always had weird dreams, even when she had been a pup. She then focused back on Graywolf. "We're going to the moor next." She paused, wondering if she should invite the Warrior to come along, but since this was more Bluespirit's adventure, she figured the Medicine Wolf would be the one to invite her if he wanted to.

View user profile

8 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Bluespirit

Medicine Wolf
The brute silently looked toward the apprentice before dropping the herbs so Larkpaw could hear him more clearly. "Dreamed of Lamb's Ear?" The male's ears twitched with confusion. "Tell me more once we get back to camp," he commented roughly, turning to the voice of the female that spoke. "Yes," he added to the apprentice's reply. The medicine wolf looked toward the she-wolf that spoke. The brute grumbled," Thanks," to the female and proceeded to twitch his ear. "Larkpaw, which way is the direction is the Moors?" Honestly, Bluespirit didn't care if Graywolf wanted to follow them; all he wanted was to get his stinking herbs. Then, he reached down and snatch up the Lamb's Ear he dropped, and waited for the apprentice to lead him in the correct direction.

9 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:17 pm

Foxpaw

Warrior Apprentice
"Bluespirit, I was wondering if I may come along with you to the moor, I've never been there, and this is your adventure. Perhaps I can go too, but it's up to you, I don't want to be a bother to you." the she-wolf said softly, trying not to rouse suspicion. "And since there are more members searching for herbs, the more we'll find. Three have a better chance than two." she adds guiltily. Her golden brown eyes soften as she looks at the twosome. "Besides, I've got nothing better to do." her tone sounded full with honesty and respect to her, but perhaps them both too.

10 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Larkpaw blinked at the reply to 'talk to him later back at camp.'  She then gazed at the hilly plains in the distance. "It's straight ahead." She replied to him. The Apprentice then looked back at Graywolf. "I wouldn't mind if you came along." She replied, since Bluespirit didn't seem to care either. Lark then waited for the Medicine Wolf to leave, and trailed shortly after him.

~Prairie~

View user profile

11 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Foxpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Graywolf's ears twitched as she heard the she-wolf's reply. "Oh, thank you Larkpaw, I promise I won't get under your fur, as well as Bluespirit's." she says excitedly, and kind of fast like. Her tone was like that of a pups, eager to explore outside the den for the first time. She waited for them to go first, then she trotted after them.
~Prairie~

12 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Larkpaw limped towards the Jagged Peak. She turned her head to make sure the others were behind her before continuing. "I'm not sure if I want her to be here or not." She thought, remembering how dangerous this place was. "Bluespirit had almost fell off the edge, and that was even before it had snowed." Surely it would be ten time as dangerous now that the slope was slick with ice. Lark slowed down as she approached the area. A breeze was blowing, mingling in it the scent of frost, earth, and stale fox scent. But there was something else, something like...wolf? Was it Snowstar? The Apprentice slowed even more so, her tail rippling on the ground as a sign to move forward, but carefully. "D-do you smell that?" She asked, glancing behind to where her brother, and the older Warriors were. "Is it Snowstar's scent?"

View user profile

13 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Wrenclaw

Young Warrior
Wrenpaw trotted forward to where Lark was, and carefully sniffed the ground. "I think it might be Snowstar." He said, relieved that they had finally found her scent. But Larkpaw seemed less relived, and more anxious. "It's more dangerous here, I hope we find her ok." He heard her mummer worriedly. The male flicked his ears, and turned to the direction that their leader's scent seemed to be blowing from. "She should have been able to hear my howl from here." He thought, wondering if they were going to find Snowstar ok after all. "Come on, we must be getting closer." Wren called, starting to trot forward again. "Wait, be careful." Lark warned, "There's dangerous cliffs ahead." He nodded, and moved forward more gingerly.

View user profile

14 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Robinpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Robinpaw limped along the top of the cliff line, his paw, while having the thorn removed, was still caked in plant matter. The apprentice's mottled brown pelt was matted and filled with thorns. He noted the icy ground, frost making the slope slick. However, the red-tinted male's hazel eyes brightened as he approached Larkpaw and Wrenpaw. "Hey, guys!" He called out, a few tree-lengths away from the siblings. "Just wanted to stop by and see how things were going over here!" As he drew nearer, however, he could see that their faces had faint traces of worry. "Is something wrong?" he asked with a questioning look.

View user profile

15 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:35 am

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Larkpaw turned as she heard a new voice. "Hey Robinpaw." She greeted casually. "We're fine, but we just picked up Snowstar's scent." She glanced back at where Wrenpaw was as he was still continuing forward, then back at the other Apprentice. "I think we're getting close, come on!" With that she started forward again, "But be careful." She called out to Robinpaw. "There's a cliff up ahead."

View user profile

16 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:48 am

Robinpaw

Warrior Apprentice
"Okay!" Robinpaw called out in response, as he was still a few tree-lengths away. Picking up the pace, he started into more of a trot to catch up, and soon he did. As he and the others neared the cliff, a giant scoop taken from the side of the hills and mountains, he noted how slick the ice was; he had to sink the claws on all three of his paws in the earth to keep from slipping, as he almost did several times. "It wouldn't take much to have fallen off this," he muttered softly. He sniffed the air, and, just as Larkpaw had said, Snowstar's scent lingered in the air. And it was growing stronger.

View user profile

17 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:11 am

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Larkpaw followed along with Robin and Wren after the trail. Soon up ahead, she saw the ground disappear. "Oh no...please Starclan, don't let her scent lead us there." If Snowy scent lead them there, it could only mean one thing. She padded closer to the edge. Wrenpaw followed and slowed down. "It seems like it's coming from over there." He pointed out quietly, stepping closer. Lark padded carefully forward, realizing her prayer may have came too late. She then noticed something. Stepping closer, she realized that there was some brambles posted by the edge, and on one of them there was something strange... "Look!" The She-wolf gestured towards the brambles. "There's some fur on it...and it's white." Lark shivered, and waited to see how the others would respond.

View user profile

18 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:19 am

Robinpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Robinpaw's hazel-green eyes opened wide. This can't be good. "Okay, relax guys. It could be a rabbit's fur; their fur changes during Leaffall and Leafbare." Determined to lighten the mood, the russet-tinted apprentice approached the bramble and took a sniff. Snowstar... He took a slight gulp. "Okay," he said, his voice a little raspy. "Snowstar could have caught a rabbit or a hare...and maybe just decided to eat it by a cliff..." The only problem was that there was no rabbit carcass, no meat, no blood, not even the scent of a hare. "I guess the only way to find out is to go down there." He lifted his paw, pointing off the side of the cliff.

View user profile

19 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Wrenclaw

Young Warrior
Wrenpaw glanced down the cliff, starting to figure that Snowstar must have fallen. He then turned his attention back. "It not that far down." He murmured, wondering if there was away to get down the cliff. "If she would have fallen down there, I don't think she would have died...but how by Starclan would she have gotten back up?" The cliff seemed to stretch a long ways in either direction, although it got gradually lower to their right. The male gazed amber eyes on the cliff, and realized that further away, some parts of the cliff had small ledges that barely jutted out. "Look at that!" He exclaimed, flicking his tail towards them. Wrenpaw trotted closer and peered over at them. "We could climb down on that, couldn't we?" He waited for a response.

View user profile

20 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:14 pm

Robinpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Robinpaw nodded in agreement as Wrenpaw pointed out the stair-like stones jutting out of the cliff. He approached the edge of the cliff, his claws sank securely into the earth for stability; he was thankful he wasn't light-headed by the sheer cut-off from the land below. He peered down, a little ways away from Wrenpaw to get a better look. The rocks were only about a fox-length wide, most of them actually less than that, and they looked pretty thin. "We'll, let's find out." The calm, red-tinted male leaped off the side of the cliff, falling from three to five tail lengths down, he wasn't quite sure, until he landed heavily. There was an echoing, soft 'boom', followed by a short rumble as a few pebbles were knocked loose from underneath them; he watched as the sandy colored stones tumbled down, falling until he could no longer see them anymore. "We'll, it seems to be sturdy, at least for one apprentice at a time," he called up to Larkpaw and Wrenpaw, his side pressed against the earth side to keep away from the edge. "I guess Ill meet you guys down there?" With that, he leaped off again, with careful judgement to avoid falling to his utter almost-certain death, and headed off towards the next ledge.

View user profile

21 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:00 am

Larkwing

Young Warrior
Larkpaw nodded, swallowing her fear as she watched Robinpaw begin to go down the ledges. She looked at Wrenpaw, and noticed that he looked rather anxious, and not very pleased at the thought of going down. "At least we've always been pretty good climbers." She thought. "I can go down next." Lark told her brother. Although looking anxious, he simply dipped his head. The She-wolf then padded to the edge and readied herself to jump. After one terrifying moment of being in midair, Lark landed on the first ledge. After a while, she prepared to jump to the next one.

(New Years!) afro afro afro Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

View user profile

22 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:08 am

Robinpaw

Warrior Apprentice
(Woot woot! Happy New Years!)
(Larky mind deleting that post above this? I'm too lazy to switch accounts and do it.)

Robinpaw landed on the next ledge smoothly, and had already leaped onto the third before turning around; Larkpaw was on the first ledge and Wrenpaw looked as if he would be joining them soon. He turned back around, his side pressed against the rough side of the cliff face. He focused on the next ledge, and he crouched, springing outward. His claws sank into the earth and he steadied himself into a safe, stable position. He sniffed the air, his hackles raising slightly as he became more aware; Snowstar's scent was growing stronger, and he was only about halfway down the cliff. Certain they were on the right path, he leaped to the fifth, and then the sixth, platform.

View user profile

23 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Wrenclaw

Young Warrior
[Lark]

Larkpaw continued to leap from ledge to ledge after Robinpaw. Above her, Wrenpaw jumped too. "Almost there!" She thought as she readied herself to jump to the next ledge. Finally, after some time, the She-wolf made it to the last ledge, and finally her paws were back on firm ground. The hunt for Snowstar continued. "Odd," She thought. "Her scent's everywhere, but I don't see her." Lark scented the air, and realized that the leader's scent was actually sort of trailing from the east, where the tall Sunclan mountains rose, and the sky was already beginning to lighten on that side.

View user profile

24 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:11 pm

Robinpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Robinpaw had touched down just before Larkpaw had, and was already sniffing the air. He had found just what she had; Snowstar's scent seemed to be trailing off towards the lighting sky of SunClan's territory. However, he picked up another scent, one more sour than the first. The mottled brown apprentice's pelt glowed a firey robin red in the soft dawn light as he turned, scoping out the land for the source of the strange scent. At last, he found it after padding around a few paces. Just behind a small clump of rocks, pebbles, and brambles, he found the ground stained red. He bent down, sniffing, getting a nose full of stench from the stain. Blood, he instantly though, his neck fur rising a bit. And its fresh.

View user profile

25 Re: The Jagged Cliff on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Wrenclaw

Young Warrior
[Lark]

The She-wolf turned back to Robinpaw and her brother. "Where could she be?" She asked, echoing the others' thoughts. There was a thump, as Wrenpaw landed on the ground behind them and gazed around. "Maybe she had to take shelter somewhere." He suggested, as all three of them checked the area. By now, dawn was breaking, and the sky was beginning to lighten. "Her scent leads this way." Lark said flicking her tail towards Sunclan territory. The She-wolf then limped forward determinedly focused on their leader's trail. She figured that the others would most likely follow. "Don't worry Snowstar! We're coming!" She hoped they wouldn't arrive too late.

~WC/SC Border~

[Wren]

The male had been sniffing around the area. Although her scent lingered, what made him more anxious was the sour smell of blood that very faintly tainted the air. "It's just blood, and just because there's blood doesn't mean she's dead." He thought, trying to encourage himself. "Besides, there's only a little." His face seemed clear of any emotion to the others except determination, though inside he was very worried. When his sister pointed out that Snow's scent lead closer to Sunclan's territory, Wren hoped that the snow had covered him and Weed's scents. "If we're heading in that direction, please don't let them discover our scents." But still, he began to trot after Lark, hoping to find their leader.

~SC/WC Borders~

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum