An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Miles

Loner/Rogue
Welcome to Jasperpaw's training session. Feel free to jump in!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[0/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[0/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]
Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[6/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

View user profile

2 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Steelstripe

Young Warrior
OOC: I am so sorry I forgot this was here...

The gray brute laid basking in the sunlight. His eyes scanned the brush of the familiar dog, but closed them again after assessing his absence. "Hmm what now...?" He murmured, rolling over into his back.

Thoughts whispered in his head of how to train the naive and shy dog. But he still hadn't gotten anywhere. He hummed thoughtfully, rolling over again, attempting to warm both sides of his body. "Perhaps I should just go along with it and hope he goes along with it." Of course he hadn't even imagined he would have gotten the meeker canine. It wasn't a good match in the least! But he couldn't say anything. It wouldn't be fair.

The dog would probably be fretting on his own about how to react to the dark-colored brute. "And of course he would..." He thought, setting his head on his fore paws.

Warrior of Sunclan

Steelstripe's Biography

"Stars can't shine without darkness."

"Hope is the crystal meth of emotions. It hooks you fast, kills you hard."

"If you think about what goes around behind closed doors, you'll wear a hole in your mind."

Avatar Credit | Sig Credit | Sig BG Credit
View user profile

3 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Jasperpaw

Warrior Apprentice
[That's okay; I forgot about the training thread too]

Jasperpaw padded through the grass, his brown eyes searching for any sign of his mentor. He hadn't been a part of the Clan for long, and had only recently received his apprentice name. The territory was unfamiliar, foreboding-- danger could lurk behind any tree, under every rock, or even be hiding in the long grass, waiting for the right moment to strike. He shivered, a low whine escaping his muzzle as he tried to hurry on to where he was supposed to meet Steelstripe. "What do I say when I get there? Do I have to choose everything we do?" he worried out loud, his ears pinning back against his head. What if Steelstripe didn't like him? What if he failed at everything he did, or never managed to catch a single piece of prey or master even the simplest of battle moves? He shook his head as if to push away his thoughts, and continued onward. He lifted his muzzle as he caught his mentor's scent, and warily he stepped forward into view, dipping his head in acknowledgement of Steelstripe. "G-Good morning, Steelstripe," he stammered. He wondered for a moment if he should ask what they'd be working on, but couldn't find the words to do so.

View user profile

4 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:47 am

Steelstripe

Young Warrior
A meek voice filled the void of silence. His eyes flicked open. "It's about time..." He inwardly growled, annoyance once again taking over his personality. He sat up and dipped his head with a small smile. "Good morning, Jasperpaw." He said, before pausing and speaking again. "Or would you rather I just call you Jasper?" He wondered aloud. Hoping to make him a bit more comfortable then he didn't seem.

But of course it was just another way to bide time. Where to start? He didn't have quite the same education as the clan wolves after all.

Warrior of Sunclan

Steelstripe's Biography

"If you think about what goes around behind closed doors, you'll wear a hole in your mind."

View user profile

5 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:18 am

Jasperpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Jasperpaw nodded in greeting as his mentor also replied with 'Good morning,' pausing when he heard Steelstripe's next words. "Oh, um, either is fine. I-I don't really mind either way," he stammered. He waited in silence for a few moments, his ears perked to hear if Steelstripe would tell him what they'd be working on first. Was it his own job to pick the subject for training? Uncertainty flashed in Jasperpaw's eyes, and he looked back up at his mentor. "Am I... am I supposed to pick what we work on first? Or... or do you? I'm fine with anything, really-- hunting, fishing, e-even fighting," he added.

View user profile

6 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Steelstripe

Young Warrior
Steekstripe had dismissed the dog's comment on which he preferred, slotting into, didn't care. So he decided to be loose about it. However he would do that. But now, the gray wolf perked his ears, the little tracker on his ear clinking against his head. "Sounds like a wonderful idea." He said, not particularly to any of the activities that Jasper— Jasperpaw mentioned, but then took it into his own hands. He swished his tail, glancing around the hollow, discerning which parts of the mountains would be most fit for this next activity. "How's sound like some hunting?" He said with a smile, turning to trot towards the scent of prey. "Have you ever hunted before, Jasper?" He said, wondering how much the little dog knew.

Warrior of Sunclan

Steelstripe's Biography

View user profile

7 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Jasperpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Jasperpaw nodded once when he heard Steelstripe mention that it was a good idea. But which one? I sure hope that he doesn't mean fighting. To his relief, however, Steelstripe went on to talk about hunting. He was glad that he wouldn't have to try fighting, at least not yet. "Um, well, not exactly..." his voice trailed off as he thought about his previous life in Hartford. He had attempted to catch live prey before, but had never succeeded. He had to survive off whatever he could find left behind by the Twolegs, scrounging about the park and the streets. "I mean, I've tried... but... prey always manages to evade me somehow, no matter what I do."

View user profile

8 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:47 am

Steelstripe

Young Warrior
The wolf paused, but his gait did not slow or hesitate. It was just his head after all. "Is that so? Well, dogs are rather heavy weight, don't you think?" He said, stopping and spotting some hoofed fellow. "You're better off trying to take some something a little like that." He said, gesturing towards the deer chewing on spare grass. "We can do it together." He said tipping his head. "Not much to it." He said as he slipped behind a rock as the deer glanced over. "Step 1, chase. Step 2, attack. Just keep it surrounded and keep snapping at it. It'll eventually give up, and we then can do the deed." He said, eyes watching the deer as it lowered it's head again.

Warrior of Sunclan

Steelstripe's Biography

View user profile

9 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Jasperpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Jasperpaw tried his best to keep in pace with his mentor. "I suppose so," he said in response. He scrambled to a stop when his mentor did, nearly running into him. His eyes glanced around for the prey Steelstripe was referring to, his eyes growing wide when he saw the deer. Oh, my.... The deer was a bit more than half his size. When the deer glanced up he quickly hurried after his mentor. He listened readily to his mentor's words, trying to remember all the steps. "I've got it. Should I go first...?" his voice trailed off and he listened for Steelstripe's reply.

View user profile

10 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:47 pm

Steelstripe

Young Warrior
OOC: Sorry about the wait

The warrior frowned, feeling like the explanation was inadequate now that he'd actually thought about it. But he shrugged. Sometimes simple explanations helped move things on until they could handle the harder stuff. "No, no. You'll get kicked right in the noggin." He replied, gesturing to the side of his face before shifting to help relieve the pins and needles in his legs. "We'll go together. Try sneaking up closer first before trying to herd it towards me." He said before glancing over the rock again and nodding slowly to his apprentice. "Say if there's any problems." He said before sliding over the rock and creeping to the other side of the deer. Being sure to keep eye contact with the younger canine.  

Warrior of Sunclan

Steelstripe's Biography

View user profile

11 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Jasperpaw

Warrior Apprentice
[Sorry about not responding right away too]

Jasperpaw nodded slowly at his mentor's words. He flinched when Steelstripe mentioned that he'd have gotten kicked; he felt more worried now about hunting this deer. At the mention of herding, his ears perked up. "Herd the deer? Sure, I-I can do that," he murmured. Herding was something that came instinctively to him, as he was an Australian Cattle Dog. He took in a deep breath, before crouching low and padding up to the deer. He was almost to it when its head snapped up and it saw him. It tried to bolt but Jasper chased after it, biting at its heels. He gave a few barks, trying to lead it in the direction of his mentor.

View user profile

12 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:07 pm

Steelstripe

Young Warrior
OOC: Really sorry for being so late

The black wolf slunk around the rocks, the sun beating down on his murky pelt. He felt an uncomfortable warmness spread over his back as he parted his lips to pant a little, before growing silent once again. The loud barks brought him to attention. His ears perked up, and seeing a gray fuzz bolt after the deer brought a smirk to his face. "That dog doesn't give much away does he? Even when he's so fast."

The warrior began to sprint after him, trying to skim around and over back to the dog and his prey. He noted teeth flashing at the deer's heels. "Nice touch." He thought as he jumped at the deer and began snapping at it's neck. He could almost taste the blood under it's fur. But frustration buried its claws deep in his skin. He gave another growl and heaved forward, finally clenching his jaws around muscle and tendon. His teeth grating against rough fur and a pulse.

The deer began to slow and jump and Steelstripe sent a panicked look at Jasperpaw before he sunk his teeth in a little deeper, before finally hit blood. "Let instinct kick in, runt!"

Warrior of Sunclan

Steelstripe's Biography

View user profile

13 Re: Steelstripe & Jasper training thread on Sun May 15, 2016 12:56 am

Jasperpaw

Warrior Apprentice
[I'm sorry as well]

The gray-furred dog continued biting at the deer's heels, his heart beating quickly from the exhilaration of the hunt. Out of the corner of his vision he spotted his mentor racing alongside him; Steelstripe soon went on ahead and jumped at the deer's neck. Jasperpaw's heart beat more quickly; would Steelstripe tell him to take down the deer too? He continued biting at the deer's heels, but when it slowed down Steelstripe sent him a look. His heart plummeted. "I-I-I can't," he stammered, his wide brown eyes looking back at his mentor's heterochromic ones. I can't take down the deer; it's over twice my size! What if it kicks out at me? At his thought, the deer jumped and Jasperpaw leaped backwards, narrowly avoiding its hooves. His breathing was sharp and his ears were flattened back with fear. Hesitantly Jasperpaw trotted up on the side of the deer opposite his mentor, and, his heart still pounding in his chest, jumped up and tried biting down on its neck. The deer kicked out again to try and throw him off, but the apprentice managed to hold on. Jasperpaw bit harder until the taste of blood flooded his mouth. He'd never hunted an animal before so the sensation was a strange one. He tried to look back at his mentor, his questioning gaze wondering if he was doing everything right.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum