An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:00 am

Rosethorn

Deputy
Welcome to your training Aspenpaw, if theres any thing you'd like to focus on just let me know. Rose is a little grouchy, but she'll do her very best to give you a good training so you can become a warrior.
Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[30/60]

Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[0/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[6/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]
Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[20/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[46/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[35/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

The short, gingery female sat scratching the large scar on her shoulder, she'd asked her first apprentice Aspenpaw to meet her here in the training hollow behind the camp. Finishing scratching her itch she looked up and around her pale eyes searching for her apprentice. I asked Aspenpaw to meet me here at sunhigh and its past sunhigh now! Better have a good reason why they're so late She shook her head and stood beginning to pace backwards and forwards becoming lost in memory. She remembered being mentored by the late Winchester and her heart squeezed with grief, she'd never gotten to apologize or thank him.

Last edited by Rosethorn on Mon May 16, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 10 times in total

'Tis but a scratch. I've had worse.
It's just a flesh wound.  Come on ya pansy.
What are you gonna do, bleed on me?
I move for no man, wolf or anything else neither
Oh, oh, I see! Running away, eh? You cravens!
Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!

Sig Credit
View user profile

2 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Aspenpaw quickly arrived at the training hollow, panting from her mad dash to get there. She saw her mentor's displeased expression and hastily apologized. "I'm so sorry Mentor for being late! I was caught up with some stuff at camp. It won't happen again."

View user profile

3 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Rosethorn

Deputy
Roses ears perked and she looked relieved to see her apprentice turn up, she walked over and replied firmly "That is alright, I understand things come up at times" she'd been late on her first training session with Winchester and boy had he chewed her out she thought fondly. She looked down at her young apprentice with a degree of pride before asking "Were going to start with Hunting first, this way you learn a couple of Fighting techniques as well, how to hide and remain unseen, how to sneak up and that sort of thing. First of all take a deep breath and tell me what you can smell with that nose of yours" The warrior did sound a little bossy but it was just her way, if the apprentice reallywanted to focus on something else then she had but to ask.

Sig Credit
View user profile

4 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:26 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Inhaling the cool winter air, Aspenpaw caught the scent of a few animals. "I smell a squirrel, a mouse, and a hare." The she-wolf stated to her Mentor.

Last edited by Aspenpaw on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

5 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:02 am

Rosethorn

Deputy
The ginger hued female sat waiting for her apprentices response, "A mouse wouldn't feed a pup let alone an elder, lets focus on the hare or squirrel" she inhaled taking a moment to pinpoint the location of each animal before looking at her apprentice once again. She stood and showed Aspenpaw the hunting crouch, "You'll need to keep close to the ground or they'll spot you, place your paws gently on the ground and always remember where the wind is blowing. You always want it blowing towards you so they wont be able to smell you" she showed the apprentice how she moved slowly slinking forward. once she was satisfied with that she looked at aspen  "Show me yours and then we will try to hunt"

Sig Credit
View user profile

6 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:28 am

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Aspenpaw quickly followed her Mentor's example and crouched low to the snowy earth. She felt the wind brush past the fur on her head all the down to her fluffy tail. The Apprentice was careful to not let her paws sink too much into the snow as she did not want to disappoint her teacher.

View user profile

7 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Rosethorn

Deputy
Rosethorn watched her apprentice with sharp eyes the females pale eyes that seemed blue or green depending on their light. Her ears remained forward, and she gave a nod watching Aspenpaw practise the hunting crouch and watched carefully as she crept over the snow. "Pretty good, alright you ready to try practicing on an inanimate object or want to start right away on the animals?" she waited somewhat patiently for the apprentice to decide what she'd want to try for.

Sig Credit
View user profile

8 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
"I think I'll take animals right away mentor." The Apprentice responded, ready to hunt.

9 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:48 am

Rosethorn

Deputy
Rose nodded and lay down in the snow, "Alright, remember to keep your butt and tail down, and keep the wind in mind" she murmured softly, her eyes determined watching her apprentice. Aspenpaw was a good apprentice, she felt lucky she'd gotten Aspen instead of the two little rebels that were Mustang and Lion, they were going to cause their mentors pure hell. The thought made her grin a little before she gestured with her muzzle "Off you go then, it dosent matter if you don't get it this time, we have lots of time ahead of us to practice"

Sig Credit
View user profile

10 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Aspenpaw nodded at her mentor and began to quietly follow the scent trail of the hare, eager to kill. The she-wolf kept low to the ground, not wanting to disappoint her mentor. Finally coming upon the small creature behind some bare bushes, Aspenpaw waited for the perfect time to strike. Remembering what Rosethorn told her, Aspenpaw lept from her hiding spot and pinned the hare down, stunning the animal. Wanting to put it out of it's misery, the apprentice went to snap it's neck with her jaws. Unfortunately, the hare came out of it's stunned state pretty quickly and in a last effort, the rodent clawed Aspenpaw on the muzzle with it's front paw. "Ow!" The she-wolf flinched in pain, and the hare made it's escape. Scoffing at herself for being distracted by a small scratch, Aspenpaw plopped down in the snow, her head hanging down in defeat.

11 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Rosethorn

Deputy
She'd watched her apprentice attempt to catch the hare, Aspenpaws first attempt causing her to smile slightly. When Aspenpaw plopped down Rosethorn stood and walked over her tongue rasping over the scratch on her apprentices Muzzle "You did very well, you're a natural born hunter" she complimented Aspen meaning it. Rosethorn wasn't one to mince words she said things the way she saw them "With Rabbits and hares, if you can knock them onto their back and pin them like that they remain stunned for longer" The ginger female looked around "Come on, lets find another place to hunt" she strode off through the snow leaving an easier path for aspenpaw to follow after her. Walking up to the river she sat down waiting for aspenpaw to turn up, when she did rose spoke "Many animals come to the river to drink, so its a good place to hunt" Despite the cold the river currently had no ice on it

Sig Credit
View user profile

12 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:35 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Following Rosethorn, Aspenpaw felt her spirits lifted at her mentor's compliment. Now in a good mood, as the apprentice arrived at the river with Rosethorn, she listened intently at what her mentor was saying, taking in all the information she could. Aspenpaw strived to become a warrior, wanting to make her deceased parents proud. The young she-wolf inhaled the cold leafbare air, trying to get another scent trail, determined to make a kill this time.

13 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:22 am

Rosethorn

Deputy
Rose inhaled the air, there was probably fish in the pond but they were thunderclannians after all. She could smell the odd deer but they weren't worth hunting this time of year, the smell of rabbits chewing caused her tattered ripped ears to flick in the direction of the noise. There were two or three over there she thought her pale eyes blinking. There were also some birds that were picking through the snow for scraps of something to eat. They were big enough to take back to the camp, but personally she wasn't a big fan of birds. Far too many feathers for her taste, they always got in the way. She lay down in the snow blinking her eyes  "Alright, you find something to hunt and give it another go, dont forget the wind, thats been many a downfall of an apprentice" she knew that from experience, her pink tongue swiped over her chops as she waited.

Sig Credit
View user profile

14 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:48 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Aspenpaw nodded to her mentor before going into hunting mode again. The apprentice spotted a few pecking away at the pure white snow, probably foraging for food, and crouched low to the ground, ever so slowly creeping closer to her prey. The young she-wolf payed close attention to the direction of the wind, like her mentor instructed to do. She did not want to disappoint this time. When Aspenpaw sensed it was the right time to attack, she sprung from her cover, scaring the birds and making them fly high into the air, desperate to escape. But the apprentice was not about to let them get away, so she launched herself into the air with the power from her strong hind legs, swiping at a bird with her front paw, and taking it down to the ground with herself. Seeing the bird was pretty much dead, Aspenpaw dove in for the final blow, crunching its head to be sure it was absolutely dead. Satisfied at her catch, the she-wolf wagged her tail at Rosethorn, blooding dripping from her deadly fangs. "Did you see that mentor!" The apprentice exclaimed.

15 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:42 am

Rosethorn

Deputy
Rose watched as the young apprentice navigated the snow and chanced on a flock of birds. She watched silently as the birds began to take flight and was pleased to see her apprentice didn't give up and instead leapt up into the air. Once her apprentice had returned she stood and nodded "Good job Aspenpaw, you show promise, bury that in the snow whilst we continue honing your skills, despite the cold you can sometimes find deer in the forest. We don't want to take down a doe as they make more deer, if possible a young stag would be best. Don't worry about their antlers, in leaf bare they fall off and regrow in new leaf. I'll help you bring it down, but i'd like you to do most of the tracking and stalking. Think you can do that? if you'd rather we can continue working on smaller prey until you have more confidence and experience" it wasn't often that she spoke so much in one setting unless it was snarling insults at someone. She'd suggested taking down a deer as Aspen would learn some fighting moves, like dodging hooves and inflicting killer blows.

Sig Credit
View user profile

16 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:07 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
"I'm up for it!" The young she-wolf beamed. Once again Aspenpaw lifted her black nose into the air, hoping the catch the scent of deer. Eventually the apprentice came upon the scent of a single deer, then proceeded to hastily head for the dense forest. Knowing her mentor was probably behind, Aspenpaw headed in the direction of the scent trail, carefully paying attention to any changes in direction. Soon the she-wolf stumbled upon a lone stag nearby, stripping away at the tender bark from the leafless trees. It was an older unglate, probably went through many seasons throughout it's years. But Aspenpaw wasn't entirely sure if she should proceed with the attack. After all Rosethorn mentioned a young stag would be the best to hunt. "Mentor..." The apprentice whispered. "Should I continue to hunt this one? She continued.

17 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Rosethorn

Deputy
Rose had kept close to her apprentice, her nose picking up the scent of the stag she mused over their options carefully The older he is, it means he could be weaker due to the cold this year, as I predicted his antlers are gone which makes him somewhat less of a threat the ginger she wolf flicked her tail and murmured softly "Aspenpaw, you're going to want to avoid his hooves, they'll hurt you badly if they get you. His weak spots are his throat and back, his belly is a good place to attack but its guarded by his sharp hooves so beware." she gave her apprentice a confident look, that silently told the young apprentice that the scarred warrior had confidence in her. Her greeny blue eyes focused intently on her apprentice "alright, see if you can sneak around to his front, I'll appear from behind to chase him into your jaws, then i'll join you in the attack. Sound good?" she had every confidence in Aspenpaw.

Sig Credit
View user profile

18 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:50 am

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Aspenpaw nodded to her mentor and resumed the hunt. The she-wolf crept closely to the old stag, careful not to make even the slightest sound. Once she was close, the apprentice sprung into action, pouncing on top of the ungulate's back. Aspenpaw dug her sharp claws into the elk's flesh as she sunk her lethal fangs on the back of the animal's neck. The fae was able to hold onto her prey for a few seconds before being thrown off into the cold snow. The young she-wolf shook the fall off before continuing her attack. The stag began to flee from the scene and the apprentice followed after it, hoping her mentor would be close behind. Determined to make a kill, Aspenpaw sprinted as fast as she could, her paws pounding into the soft snow. When the fae was right at the elk's heels, she reached out with her right paw and swiped at her prey's hind leg. The poor animal didn't expect the move, and quickly slammed onto the ground. Before it could even attempt to get up again, Aspenpaw went into kill mode and lunged at the old stag's windpipe, hastily crushing it with her powerful canines. The apprentice held the ungulate's neck in her death grip for some time before letting go, letting the lifeless animal's head drop to the white snow. The young she-wolf panted as blood fell from her red stained fangs. Proud at her accomplishment, she wagged her tail happily at Rosethorn, having a pup like expression on her face as she did so.

(So sorry this took me so long to finish!)

19 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:01 am

Rosethorn

Deputy
Rose slipped through the brush surpisingly able to blend herself in well once she'd rolled in a snow drift. Letting her apprentice Lead once the stag started off Rosethorn leapt into flight, pushing herself into a run the short wolf leapt and sank her fangs into the rear of the animal. Hanging on despite the beasts bucks and kicks she released it when she felt it begin to crash to the ground, managing to avoid it landing on her she looked around for her apprentice panting slightly. Finding her as Aspenpaw released the animals jugular a look of pride flicked onto the thorny natured wolfs face, "You did excellently! A kill this big will feed everybody in the clan" she grinned at her apprentice "Im so proud of you" she said enthusiastically.

---

After taking the carcass back to camp Rosethorn took Aspenpaw toward the training hollow and began speaking "Alright you've been showing great progress Aspenpaw! So I think now is time to begin honing those fighting skills that you showed hunting that stag. So we're going to begin going over fighting moves, first in the air and then we'll have a practice fight and see how much you've picked up" she paused tilting her head to the side "Any questions?" she asked deciding it would better to wait until her apprentice was ready.

Sig Credit
View user profile

20 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:09 am

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Hearing her mentor's compliments as they headed back to the training hollow, Aspenpaw beamed with happiness. "Hmmm... not any at the moment mentor." The young she-wolf answered to Rosethorn's question.

21 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:45 am

Rosethorn

Deputy
Rose mused for a couple of seconds "Before we begin I'll teach you basic defense moves, although I personally believe the best defense is a good offence these basics are good if you're in a jam" She sat down her ragged ears twitching "First if you ever get pinned, let your body go limp so they believe you've given up, then you can attack by suddenly coming back to life or scraping your claws against your opponents underbelly. The other is always keep your tail curled in against yourself, It makes it harder to balance but it means your opponent wont be able to grab it. Thunderclan wolves are the only ones who use this technique" she added with a nod. Those would be good to start with as a practise as she briefly demonstrated how to tuck ones tail out of the way of potential attacks.

Sig Credit
View user profile

22 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
Aspenpaw intently watched her teacher demonstrate, eager to learn. "I think I'm ready to try this mentor." The she-wolf stated. She then padded to Rosethorn, ready for whatever was to come her way.

(So sorry about the delay!)

23 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:58 am

Rosethorn

Deputy
so sorry didn't see you'd replied!

Rosethorn watched her apprentice practice the moves and nodded "Good, I want you to try doing all of your fighting work with your tail tucked. If you're ready I'll begin to show you the next few moves. Trees are good to practice paw attacks on, whilst branches are good for practicing holds with your legs and teeth" she lead the way over to a large old oak that she remembered learning to fight on as an apprentice. "Right" she demonstrated a slash on the old trees bark "Try some of those, remember to keep that tail tucked or i might give it a wee nip" she looked kind however the scarred warrior liking training others and teaching them.

Sig Credit
View user profile

24 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Aspenpelt

Young Warrior
(It's totally fine! No worries!)

Nodding her gray head in understanding, Aspenpaw hastily tucked her fluffy tail, and walked over to the nearby oak, where she began to slash at the bark. With her claws sharpened, and the fairly large tree scratched up, the apprentice addressed her teacher with a pant. "When will we be practicing actual combat?"

25 Re: Rosethorn training Aspenpaw on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:08 pm

Rosethorn

Deputy
Rosethorn nodded watching her apprentice practice, "Now. You're going to attack me, and I'll defend then we'll switch, I'll give you pointers as we work" after that she supposed they could return to hunting. Hunting and fighting were important as a warrior, privately the grizzled warrior was glad she'd gotten aspen. Trying to train Lionpaw or Mustangpaw would have ended up with her beating sense into them both, arrogant little tossers. She focused on Aspenpaw her blue-green gaze intent and ready waiting for her apprentice to make her move

Sig Credit
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum