An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
Hello there, welcome to Coalpaw's Medicine Wolf training. Anybody is allowed to enter if they'd like, even wolves from other clans.

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals [0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals [0/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals [0/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing [0/60]
Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey [0/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs [21/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators [0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting [12/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting [0/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving [0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

-------

Nettlecloud padded into the clearing, his bones feeling better then they had in ages. He had taken some daisy before he left to ease the aching for a few hours. His amber eyes shined brightly though, and he hummed a little to show that he was actually excited. "What should we go over first?" he wondered, while waiting for his apprentice to show. He shook his fur and sat down, wrapping his bushy tail around his paws. "Maybe I should just let Coalpaw choose." Nettlecloud turned and faced the direction of camp, ears alert for his apprentice.

Last edited by Nettlecloud on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:54 pm; edited 5 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:19 am

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw ran into the clearing where Nettlecloud was waiting for her. She stopped in front of him and dipped her head respectfully, then asked, "What are you going to teach me today?"Coalpaw tried to keep her voice calm, despite her mind racing happily and her grassy green and sky blue eyes shining.

Say you care about someone
And they don't know it
Now imagine it tearing you apart
I felt this way for many years
To be honest, I still do
You can never outgrow how much you care for your family

View user profile

3 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:07 pm

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
Nettlecloud stood and stretched as Coalpaw entered the clearing, asking what they were going to do first. The older wolf chuckled to himself, remembering the days when he was as young and excitable as she was. "Well since most of your duties will involve healing, I think we should start with finding and naming herbs." The male gazed at the young she-wolf, his amber eyes meeting her odd colored blue and green ones. Nettle had already gotten used to her eyes, but he realized that Coalpaw was still shy about them. "The end of leaf-bare is a bad time for coughs, especially greencough. He sniffed the air once before turning back to Coalpaw. "Greencough can be deadly, and the best herb to use is Catmint, which is a very sweet smelling plant with thick ruffled leaves." Nettlecloud turned his head to look at the forest around them. "Can you find any catmint around here?" The Medicine Wolf knew that there was a patch close by, but he wanted to test his apprentice.

View user profile

4 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:29 am

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw narrowed her eyes slightly as she concentrated on finding the scent of catmint. When she found it, she tilted her head to show her mentor where she was going before she set off. Right away, the young wolf noticed that the scent was very strong already. As she noticed this, she almost passed it in her trance-like state. Finding it rather quickly, she looked up at Nettlecloud and smiled.

And they don't know it
To be honest, I still do

View user profile

5 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
Nettlecloud watched his apprentice pad off toward where the catmint plants were. Trotting after her, he watched with sharp amber eyes as she found the herbs with appropriate ease. "Well done." He padded to the herb batch. "We'll focus on gathering herbs later on." He flicked his tail indicating that she should follow him back to the training area. When they had arrived, he turned to her again. "Another important herb to learn is Feverfew. Feverfew has small white flowers and a sharp, tangy scent. It grows well in wet places." He gazed at her and waited for her reaction, "Can you find any of those plants around here?"

View user profile

6 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw once again narrowed her eyes slightly as she tried to pick up a scent. Once she found the scent, she padded in the opposite direction of the catmint. After two wolf-lengths, she stopped, pleased that she had once again found the herb. She looked up at Nettlecloud for approval.

And they don't know it
To be honest, I still do

View user profile

7 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:05 am

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
Nettlecloud again followed his young apprentice, impressed as she found the scent and came to the feverfew. "Hm, pretty good," he said to her, taking in the fresh scent with his own nose. "Feverfew, as the name implies, is used to lower fever in wolves. It can be a life saver." Nettle then backed away from the plants and beckoned young Coalpaw with his tail. "There's one last herb I want you to find for me. It's called Tansy. It has  round yellow flowers and a very sweet scent. But..." and the male grinned a little at his challenge, "there's not any in this area, you're going to have to look further away." Nettlecloud then sat, wrapping his tail around his paws. "If you manage to find it, break off one of the flowers and bring it back to this spot. I'll be waiting for you here." Coalpaw seemed to have a pretty good nose. Time to put it to the test!

View user profile

8 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:37 am

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw's heart fluttered as Nettlecloud gave her the first of what she felt would be many challenges, and she nodded her head with determination sparking in her eyes. The young wolf sat for a moment, then took a big breath when a breeze ruffled the leaves by her paws. She was able to pick up a faint sweet scent, and so she turned her face into the wind and padded off slowly, so not to pass the herb. After walking almost halfway into the territory, she finally found the tansy, snapped off a branch, and raced back to Nettlecloud, her eyes alight with pride.

And they don't know it
To be honest, I still do

View user profile

9 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
When Coalpaw brought him back the small yellow flower, Nettlecloud stood and nodded in approvement. "I'm impressed. You have a good sniffer on you there." He padded towards her and sniffed the flower. "Tansy is a multipurpose herb. You can use it to cure coughs, as well as wounds. It grows well in high forests." The male then stepped back and stretched, flexing his old fur. "You've done well so far today. I'll leave you the choice now, we can continue looking for herbs if you like, or we can go over the basics of hunting or fighting. Which would you rather do?"

View user profile

10 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw didn't even hesitiate with her reply. "I'd like to learn how to fight. If the Clan gets attacked, I refuse to sit back and wait for injuries to arise." As she spoke, her eyes became ablaze with anger at the thought of not being able to protect her Clanmates.

And they don't know it
To be honest, I still do

View user profile

11 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
Nettlecloud studied the young she-wolf carefully, his eyes not revealing anything away. "I see," he commented, "Just remember, your duty as a Medicine Wolf is to heal. When other clans battle, we would leave that to the warriors." He paused for a moment, then continued. "Of course, if worse comes to worse, have fighting knowledge will prove very useful for you." The male then padded to a softer part of the clearing, where a large dead log lay. He then turned to Coalpaw.
"The first move I'm going to teach you is called the leap-and-hold. It's very useful for going up against a larger wolf, or a large predator."
He turned to the log. "Imagine that this was another wolf attacking me. He crouched down in a battle stance, but turned to see if Coalpaw was watching before turning back to his 'opponent.' "With this move, I can quickly leap on-" With that the male darted forward, his hind legs propelling himself up as he leaped. However, Nettlecloud was an old wolf, and his paws scrabbled the side of the log before he could reach the top. His joints protested some, but the old wolf ignored them. "-the top of the enemy. From here, you could get a few good bites in, and the enemy can't do much about it for a few moments." He paused, panting, gazing down at his apprentice from up high. "Why don't try the move on this log first, then you can try it on me." Nettlecloud grimaced a little, not looking forward to being landed on. "I'm glad I took a few herbs this morning for pain," he thought, jumping down.

View user profile

12 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:19 pm

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw nodded to Nettlecloud, then padded over to where he was standing. She crouched down, then pushed off with her hind legs, but overshot the log due to her long limbs. Not too bothered, she turned and jumped again, thistime with less force, landing suarely on the log and mock-biting it.

And they don't know it
To be honest, I still do

View user profile

13 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:24 pm

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
The older male watched Coalpaw's attempt, nodding in approval as she got it right. "Now try it on me," he challenged. Nettlecloud waited for her to get down, before getting into an attack stance. He darted towards her and raised a paw, acting like he would swipe her. Would she dodge and be able to attack him in time?

View user profile

14 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:24 am

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw watched as Nettlecloud darted at her with a raised paw, and she ducked under his legs, slid under him, and then jumped on his back and nipped ever so gently. sliding off him gently, she asked, "Did I do it right?"

And they don't know it
To be honest, I still do

View user profile

15 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
Nettlecloud grunted as the she-wolf landed on top of him, letting her slide off once she nipped him. He stretched, his old bones starting to ache from Coalpaw's weight. "Yes- Well done." He cracked his neck some and sat down, thankful that he had taken extra strengthening herbs this morning. "I'm going to need some more after the end of this session." Pushing the thought aside, he looked at Coalpaw again. "When you try that attack, be sure to watch if the enemy rolls over. If you're not prepared, you could get squashed, especially if it's a large animal you're fighting. He paused before continuing, "Let's see, another good move to learn is the forepaw slash. It's where you use your claws to strike your opponent. Watch me." The log was no use to this technique. Nettlecloud strutted forward towards Coalpaw, raising a paw. He gently swiped at her face. "When used correctly, it's quite painful, so be careful when you practice it with me. You can also use it to trip an enemy." He backed away from her. "Try it now."

View user profile

16 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:25 am

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw narrowed her eyes in determination, and then she walked up to her mentor. When she was close enough to reach him, she gently swiped his face. she took a couple steps back and said, "Like that?"

And they don't know it
To be honest, I still do

View user profile

17 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
Nettlecloud nodded in response to the young she-wolf. "An attacking enemy is going to be very quick though. Another way you can use this move is to trip an enemy." The male then came towards Coalpaw again. He came from her side and aimed as if he were going to knock her over. Nettle didn't move as fast as an attacking wolf might, but it was quick enough for a practice session.

View user profile

18 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:52 am

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw nodded, then mirrored what Nettlecloud had just showed her. First trying in the air, she then faced him, and as she darted toward him, her long legs bested her, and she accidently bowled him over. "Great StarClan, I am so sorry, Nettlecloud! I didn't hurt you, did I?" She flattened her ears in shame.

And they don't know it
To be honest, I still do

View user profile

19 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:11 am

Nettlecloud

Medicine Wolf
Nettlecloud grunted as the long-legged apprentice ran into him, knocking him off his paws. Coalpaw then whimpered her apology as he struggled to regain his composure. "Don't worry about me young'un," he replied as he sat up. "I may be old, but I don't go down that easily." He gave her a smile that almost turned into a grimace as he reached his paws. "Am I getting that pathetic?" he wondered annoyingly, forcing himself to stand. "Alright, let's try that again. This time you come at me. You can use whatever means necessary to defeat me." He readied himself against her attack. Whatever attack she used he would dodge at first, however the rest of fight remained to be seen.

View user profile

20 Re: Nettlecloud mentors Coalpaw on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Coalpaw

Medicine Wolf Apprentice
Coalpaw once again narrowed her eyes, and jumped at her mentor. At the last possible second, she darted to his right side and flicked her paw to knock his legs out from underneath him. Satisfied with her plan, she sat back and patiently waited for Nettlecloud to get up. "How was that?" she asked.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]