An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Welcome, Guest, to Russetpaw's and Thrushheart's training topic! If anyone would like to (even wolves in other Clans), feel free to enter!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[0/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[0/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]
Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[0/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[12/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[7/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

~~~~~~~~

[Sorry for not getting the training topic up sooner]

Thrushheart padded into a grassy clearing, sitting down near the center. He had found a place not too far off from camp for them to begin training. Although still young, he had already mentored one apprentice and was proud that Graystar had chosen him to mentor a second apprentice too. When will Russetpaw get here? the red warrior thought. He wasn't one for patience, but he hadn't yet been waiting for that long. He thought about some possible hunting or fighting techniques they could start off with, depending on Russetpaw's choice.

Last edited by Thrushheart on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Avatar Credit: Furlined on DeviantART
View user profile

2 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Russetpaw, a russet-brown colored young fae with amber eyes padded into the clearing, her ears were back in embarrassment. Oh, I hope my new mentor is patient! she thought in her mind. As she gained sight of the red warrior, her tail wagged twice before she came trotting over to her mentor's side. "Sorry for taking so long.....I got distracted for a bit." she apologized softly, her head lowered as if ashamed for her actions. "So, what you going to train me for today?" she asked him.

View user profile

3 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
[Sorry for the wait]

Thrushheart glanced up as he heard Russetpaw approach. He shook his head slightly at her words. "It's fine. Don't worry about it," he responded. He paused for a moment at his apprentice's question. "I was thinking about letting you choose that," he said. "Although, if you want my suggestion, maybe we could work on fighting techniques," he added.

View user profile

4 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:30 am

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
(It's fine Very Happy )

Russetpaw wagged her tail happily as her mentor seemed to be a pretty nice warrior, much nicer than some other warriors in her clan she knew. "Sure, we can work on those." she told him, smiling awkwardly. He's probably not going to take it easy on me, she thought in her head. "So will we do defensive or offensive?" she asked him curiously.

View user profile

5 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Thrushheart nodded at Russetpaw's response. "How about offensive? It's good to be able to attack your opponent rather than always relying on defensive moves," he said. In his opinion, offensive fighting was much better than defensive fighting. With defense, you'd never really be able to win. "Let's start with the front paw blow. You bring your paw down on your opponent's head." He paused. "We won't actually try that move out for real, but try practicing in the air, like this." He lifted his paw and swiped down at the air, before turning back to Russetpaw.

View user profile

6 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Russetpaw watched as he gave her a demonstration. Why teach me a move I might not ever use though? she wondered in her mind before she stood up as he finished the demonstration and turned towards her. I'm guessing he wants me to try doing it now! she added in thought. She lifted her one paw and swiped the air in front of her. She then placed her paw back on the ground and looked at him, wondering if she did it right.

View user profile

7 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:45 am

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Thrushheart watched on as his apprentice attempted the move. "Not bad. Try bringing your paw down a bit harder," he commented. "Try practicing that a few more times too. Then I'll show you a couple more moves, and we'll try practice fighting for real," he added. "An important part of fighting is being able to improvise, so you'll be able to try out any moves you think might work too," he said.

View user profile

8 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:44 pm

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Russetpaw lowered her ears slightly as she realized her mentor was judging her movement a bit more than she thought was necessary. She whimpered once, as if she were a pup again. "Sorry," she paused before she swiped the air again with her paw, this time a lot quicker than before and then she sat down, "I'm new to training with someone else......so I don't know much about fighting, much less anything else." she explained to him, sighing deeply.

View user profile

9 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Thrushheart flicked his ears, slightly taken aback by her reaction. "Hey, it's fine," he started, "don't be sorry. I was just trying to give you some suggestions. You'll learn as we go on," the warrior continued. "Anyways, I find that improvisation is a useful skill in any battle, so naturally, I've come up with quite a few moves on my own," he said proudly. "Once such move is that you first charge at someone, and keep your gaze fixed in one spot so that they think that's where you're going to attack. At the last moment, you change course and attack them somewhere else; they'll never see it coming. Why don't you try that move out on me?" Thrushheart said, stepping back a few paces so that Russetpaw would have enough room to charge.

View user profile

10 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Russetpaw wasn't at all used to training and she groaned nervously as her mentor told her to try the move he had made himself on him. She hesitated, her amber eyes flickering like candles. For StarClan's sake, I didn't want to do this right now! I'd rather practice hunting! she thought in her mind before she stood up and shook her pelt. "But...." she began to protest but she then shook her head and scratched the snowy ground with her fore-paw. Her amber gaze remained on the brute's hind quarters, before she pushed hard on the ground with her hind feet, thrusting herself forward to charge at him. The young she-wolf's amber gaze remaining on his hindquarters until she almost reached him. She then reared up and attempted to swipe his muzzle with her fore-paws. Bet ya didn't see that coming! she thought in her head. Even though she thought she hated training fighting techniques, she actually found herself enjoying this. Adrenaline and the excitement made her heart beat faster, her amber eyes twinkled with a look of interest.

View user profile

11 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Thrushheart flicked his ears when he heard Russetpaw's protest; what was wrong? But soon after the apprentice had shook her head, and Thrushheart guessed that she had decided against saying whatever it was that she wanted to. The red warrior narrowed his eyes when Russetpaw charged forward, trying to guess where his apprentice would attack. Probably my paws, to set me off balance. That's what most would choose, I'm sure, he thought. He was a bit too over-confident in his decision to consider that he was wrong, and when Russetpaw was a few tail-lengths away, he prepared to move out of the way. Instead of the apprentice aiming for his paws, however, she'd gone for his muzzle, and Thrushheart blinked slightly when the hit connected. He shook his head slightly, before gazing back at Russetpaw. "Good move," he murmured, hiding his embarrassment about being incorrect. "I figure that you've got that move down. How about we try to have an actual practice battle now? Like I said, improvisation is an important part of any battle, so you can try out your own moves. Come at me when you're ready," he said.

View user profile

12 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:01 am

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Russetpaw was surprised her attempts to use her mentor's move actually worked. She puffed up her chest proudly before the fur along her spine raised at his next responses. "But I've never done this before, what if I mess up?" she asked him, her frown looking quite worried. She took two steps back fearfully, her tail tucked between her legs. "Sure, I did manage to use your own move on you, but I don't have any moves of my own." she added in sadly, lowering her ears.

View user profile

13 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:05 am

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Thrushheart shook his head slightly when he heard his apprentice's words. "Don't worry, you're supposed to mess up; that's what being an apprentice is all about," he replied back calmly. "If it'll make you feel better, I made some mistakes when I was training with Shadowclaw, my mentor," he added. He felt a small pang of sadness as he thought about how his mentor had died, alone in the swampy, misty part of StormClan territory, but tried to push the thought away. "During our first training session, Shadowclaw left things mostly up to myself to figure out, to try and come up with my own solutions to the battle," he said. "It'll come naturally; you'll just know what to do when the time comes."

View user profile

14 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Russetpaw's ears perked up a bit as her mentor attempted to persuade her into at least trying it out. She was surprised to find herself being this quick to change her mind, but she had not be honest with herself, she couldn't come up with anything to argue against what her mentor said. She growled a little in frustration before she sat down with her eyes closed and thought about some moves to try. After a few moments, she opened her eyes again and stood up. "Okay.........I'm ready now." she said, standing there and waiting for him to make his move. Her amber eyes remained on him, alert for any sudden movements.

View user profile

15 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:32 am

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Thrushheart nodded when the apprentice affirmed that she was ready. "Alrighty then," he said. He stayed still for several moments; waiting for a while before starting the battle could lead to more confusion as to when he'd strike. After some time he quickly dashed forward, keeping his eyes fixed on Russetpaw's muzzle. He lifted a paw, aiming for her muzzle at first, but at the last moment he switched and instead tried to swipe at her paws to make her lose balance. He wondered how Russetpaw would counteract the move.

View user profile

16 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Russetpaw was clearly expecting he'd go for her paws to set her off-balance, so as he striped swiping at her legs, she jumped up and over the swipe and landed a fox-length to the right and pushed back hard on her hind legs. She leaped forward attempting to head-butt her mentor's side using her forehead. I bet you didn't see this coming either! she thought in her head. Again, the rush of battle made her heart beat faster and adrenaline pumped through her veins. She was enjoying this training, just as she enjoyed training with her former mentor, who was now in StarClan. She let the sorrow slip out of her mind as she waited to see what her mentor would do now.

View user profile

17 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:19 am

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Russetpaw had leaped out of the way; before Thrushheart had time to turn around his apprentice crashed into his side, setting him off balance. He toppled over onto his side, before quickly standing back up. He reared back onto his hind paws and struck out with his front paws, aiming for Russetpaw's shoulder to make her lose her balance. She's a pretty good fighter, he thought. Thrushheart wouldn't admit it, but he wasn't the best fighter there ever was; he liked to think of himself as the best in the forest. Pushing his thoughts aside, he focused back on the battle.

View user profile

18 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Russetpaw

Warrior Apprentice
Russetpaw snickered with pride as she was able to make her mentor lose his balance. Her pride and contentment soon disappeared as her amber eyes caught sight of her mentor rearing up on his hind legs and aimed for her shoulder. Her eyes widened and she had no time to try and dodge it before the attack made contact with her shoulder. She let out a loud, very high-pitched yelp as she was struck before she lost her balance and fell onto her side, hard enough that she grunted. She whimpered in fearful surprise before she slowly rose and stood there before him, shaking with fear. This was the first time she'd ever fought anyone and this was the first time she was struck by another wolf. Her tail was tucked and her ears laid back. She stared him in the face, her amber eyes still widened. He could easily tell that she was afraid.

View user profile

19 Re: Russetpaw training with Thrushheart on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Thrushheart

Young Warrior
Thrushheart flinched when he heard Russetpaw yelp, losing his balance and dropping back onto his paws. Russetpaw's posture was fearful and she was whimpering. I couldn't have hurt her that bad! I wasn't really fighting. The reddish-furred warrior tilted his head, still somewhat surprised. "What's wrong, Russetpaw? Don't you like fighting?" he asked. "I mean, if you want we could try something else for a bit and come back to fighting later," he added. Personally fighting was his favorite skill to learn as an apprentice, but he supposed that each wolf was different.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum