An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Hiya! Welcome to Minkfur and Forsakenpaw's training topic! If anyone would like to join, just jump in!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[32/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[32/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]

Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[52/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

-----

Minkfur padded into the clearing, her fur prickling with excitement. 'My first apprentice! Right when I became a warrior, too!' she thought, a grin on her face. The she-wolf climbed onto a boulder, surveying the clearing she chose. She didn't know how marshy the ground would be in new-leaf, but it didn't quite matter at the moment. The new warrior laid on the cool, slick surface of the rock, and rested her head on her paws in wonder. 'I hope I can help him,' she thought. Forsakenpaw was very shy and reserved, and quite obviously disliked fighting. But with the possibility of war, he'd need to do just that. 'What should we do? I don't want to force him to fight just yet. Maybe we could hunt or scout for now...' Minkfur flicked her tail, sitting up. She had told Forsakenpaw to be here soon before she left; he should be arriving any moment.

Last edited by Minkfur on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:08 am; edited 10 times in total

Signature Credit|Avatar Base Credit
View user profile

2 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:50 pm

The freshly named apprentice had procrastinated leaving camp, having never left the camp before actually doing so was a big challenge for him. He didn't like the unknown, and didn't like change, so having to deal with both at once was a challenge for the young man. His name still felt funny in his head too, Forsakenpaw he still found himself thinking of himself as Forsakenpup. So Forsakenpaw made his way to where Minkpaw... no Minkfur had told him to meet, he got lost twice on the way and ended up almost turning back toward the camp in frustrated tears. But he'd managed to find the place, entering the clearing with his gold eyes focused on the marshy earth so he wouldn't step on a sharp stone or bramble. His nose told him that his mentor was already here so he hesitantly looked up his eyes meeting hers for a brief moment before flicking away his jaws parting as a mixture of a mumble and a whisper left him  "S-S-Sorr-Sorry" he stuttered, his frustration rising and being shown with a harsh lash of his tail  "I got l-lo-lost" his gaze returned to the muddy earth beneath his paws that had grown far faster than the rest of him.

"I'm as terrifying as a pudding to a pudding lover on a strict diet"
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"
"I have the coordination of a retarded, three legged, arthritic, half dead moose"
"a dream is something that will disappear no matter how much you wish to believe it"

Click for Forsakens theme
View user profile http://anythingoesrp.forumotion.co.nz/

3 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur smiled as her apprentice entered the clearing. She was glad he could find his way here on his own. She shrugged nonchalantly as he apologized, and she woofed, "No, I should've come with you. I could've explain some more things along the way." Jumping off the boulder, the she-wolf approached Forsakenpaw, her eyes warm and friendly. "So! Now that you're an apprentice, you get to learn many new things, and try some out as well. But, first thing's first, we're gonna start with the basics. I don't suppose you know the Warrior's Code?" Minkfur tilted her head, waiting for her apprentice's answer.

View user profile

4 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:17 am

His eyes wandered over the ground, her response causing his little eyes to flick up to meet her gaze again only briefly before flicking away. Learning new things huh... I like learning I guess, but too much at once i fear might fry my brain her question about the warrior code caused the gold to meet the warm brown again as usual briefly before looking away again "Um, W-well.. p-prey is not to be p-played with... and um, n-not supposed to t-t-tress, um tresspass on other clans land" he sat down to think for a minute, he'd never really had much tutealage thanks to his absent mother "Defend the cl-clan" what else was there his brow furrowed as he thought to himself "protect all pups... and, Elders and pups have to be fed before everyone else... Don't have to kill to win battles.." and that was all he really had. A quick peek showed him minkfurs reaction to his words, the little thing very shy.

"I have the coordination of a retarded, three legged, arthritic, half dead moose"
"a dream is something that will disappear no matter how much you wish to believe it"

5 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur nodded and woofed, "Those are very important ones... But there's also some other important ones. You must reject the life of a house-dog and check and renew borders daily and challenge any trespassers. There's others, but they're not as important to just an individual. Some you already should know." Taking a breath, the warrior looked around the clearing. "You may or may not know that WindClan and SunClan might go to war. SunClan came a little bit ago to sort out our alliance," she stated with a sigh. "But I don't want to force you into fighting so soon. I think for now, we'll hunt and scout. When you're ready, we can start learning some offense and defense. Sound good?" Minkfur's dull, gentle golden eyes locked onto Forsakenpaw's, awaiting an answer.

View user profile

6 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:26 am

He could feel himself sink down towards the ground as Minkfur began speaking of the alliance with sunclan, Why do we all have to fight? Why can't we all just get along, in peace and share?he wondered to himself bitterly his gold eyes closing a little. Still he was thankful when she said they'd try fighting laterthank starclanhe thought to himself with a soft sigh. Her words about hunting however caused him to look up in surprise, he didn't really think he'd be able to hunt that well but he supposed he'd try. She wasn't forcing him to do something he didn't want to do badly like the fighting so he supposed he'd try for her "Okay.." he whispered his gaze moving to meet her gold gaze before back to the mud his gaze went.

7 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur noted how relieved he seemed after she said that they wouldn't try fighting yet. Boy, would that be a fun part of their training. Clearing her throat, the warrior continued, "First thing's first, you need to know how to do a hunting crouch. It'll help balance out your weight so you move as silently as possible." She then got into the aforementioned crouch. "It's very easy; just crouch down low. Haunches back, tail low."

View user profile

8 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:58 am

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
Shiverpool, a white Swiss shepherd dog with pointy ears and amber eyes had been crouching nearby, her eyes focused on a small vole who had came above the show to find food. She sneaked silently towards it, putting one paw forward at a time. The vole then spotted her and then in a swift moment, she had pounced forward and snapped her jaws, catching the creature and quickly biting its neck. She then pricked her ears as she heard a conversation nearby. She picked the fresh-killed vole up in her jaws before she padded towards the source. As she neared, she noticed Minkfur talking to a smaller wolf. I guess that's Forsakenpaw? she thought to herself. She then watched as Minkfur got into a hunting crouch. She must be teaching her apprentice how to crouch down properly........maybe I should go and ask if she needs help? she added in thought before she white dog padded over to them, her white fur blending in with the snow around them. She then reached about 3 fox-legths away and she stopped and dropped the fresh-kill at her paws. "Hey there, Minkfur!" she greeted.

Credit

"Sure, I once was a house dog, but you're mouse-brained if you think I'd EVER go back to being some Two-leg's pet!"

"Do you see a loyal Clanmate or a Two-leg collar when you look at me?!"

"Howl complaints all you want, I still smell better than you guys do to me!"
View user profile

9 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:02 am

Forsaken was watching the way she crouched down taking it in carefully, his pink tongue swiping out over his nose. He thought he had it, it didn't look that difficult afterall, however the unbalanced, uncoordinated wolf when he was half way into the crouch was spooked by a big white dog turning up. Jerking up he backed up quickly until his behind touched the rock his new mentor had been standing on before. His ears tilted back and his jaws parted panting anxiously, fear the primary reaction for the young quiet again uncoordinated wolf. His hunting crouch before he'd been interrupted had been awkward and out of balance, easy to be knocked over.

10 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:19 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur wordlessly watched as Forsakenpaw attempted the crouch. However, he was very obviously out of balance, and somewhat awkward. She was about to comment, before she was interrupted by the sudden appearance of Shiverpool, who spooked her apprentice. The young warrior gave the she-dog a somewhat nervous smile. "Hi Shiverpool! I haven't seen you for a while!" she barked, before glancing at her apprentice. "Forsakenpaw, there's no need to be scared. Shiverpool is really friendly!" Minkfur woofed, sitting down.

View user profile

11 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:28 am

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
Shiverpool wagged her tail once. She smiled at Minkfur's reaction. "Sorry, I didn't mean to spook your apprentice, I was just in the area when I heard you talking and decided to see what was up." she said, sitting down on her rump, slightly uncomfortable with the snow. "Yeah, I've been busy away from camp for a while. But I'm kinda here to see if you could use some help. This is your first apprentice." she said before she laughed once. "I still remember my first day as an apprentice. It was harder than I thought, but Graystar was a good mentor, so I quickly got used to it. We started hunting elk but I got hurt by its hoof while I chased after it. I kinda prefer hunting smaller prey now, but I'm learning to hunt larger prey." she said before she amber gaze fell upon Forsakenpaw. "Sorry I scared you. I don't believe we've met. I'm Shiverpool!" she said, waving her paw at the apprentice.

Credit

"Sure, I once was a house dog, but you're mouse-brained if you think I'd EVER go back to being some Two-leg's pet!"

View user profile

12 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:33 am

He could feel himself freeze, despite his mentors words the quiet closed off apprentice was not ready to open himself up to more than one wolf at a time. He didn't know the different between a dog and a wolf and so believed that the white dog was actually a wolf. She kept chattering away and he could feel himself sink down a little bit, what on earth was an elk? His thoughts drifted away as the white 'wolf' kept yammering on I wonder what Moonpaws training is going like, we both got real young mentors. Im lucky I got Minkfur, because at least I actually know her a little the wolf introduced itself as Shiverpool. But he didn't bother replying, she probably already knew his name, most in the clan did after what had transpired recently with his estranged mother. Guilt filled his chest, poor little sister he point blank refused to use the name his mother had given the younger canine. IT was a cruel and spiteful name, his gold eyes flicked to Minkfur for a second wondering if she was going to make him practice with some stranger here.

13 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
Shiverpool lowered her tail slightly as the apprentice seemed to be too scared of her to answer. "It's okay, you don't have to be afraid of me, Forsakenpaw! I'm just a friendly-hearted dog!" she told him, smiling gently. She then turned to Minkfur, wondering what the she-wolf's response would be. "Would it be okay if I helped him out a bit, perhaps showing him a crouching demonstration?" she asked the fellow warrior, her eyes twinkling excitedly. I can't wait until I get my own apprentice someday! she thought happily in her head.

Credit

View user profile

14 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:16 am

Forsaken remained silent, his eyes staring at his paws not looking him, he'd shut himself down the sudden intrusion into his personal space had disrupted his focus. He wasn't going to try anything now, he didn't want to kill anything, why couldn't he just eat what was already killed so he wouldn't have to? He didn't want to fight anyone either, what in starclans name is a dog? She just looks like a funny wolf he thought to himself a part of him still listening to the white ones words. Gold eyes flashed up to meet his mentors gold gaze for a few brief seconds before he looked back down at the ground that was so much easier to stare at than others. Talking with others was really hard, it was hard enough one on one, let alone he ground his teeth together the practice a bad habit he'd picked up somewhere.

15 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur gazed sadly over at Forsakenpaw. He was so nervous and shy - he'd close off each time he met somebody new. Usually Moonpaw would introduce him to someone. Not her. Pity for the apprentice tugged at her heart - his sister was in bad condition, having lost her leg. Not to mention, the poor pup had an awful name. Minkfur personally hoped it'd be changed later on. When Shiverpool spoke, the warrior turned her dull golden eyes to her. She smiled and nodded. "If Forsakenpaw is okay with it, we could definitely train him together! It'd help you prepare for an apprentice you might get someday!" she cheerfully woofed, looking back at her apprentice. "Whaddya say? You could learn a lot from her!" Minkfur barked, wagging her tail.

View user profile

16 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Forsaken sat there, part of him listening to what they were talkign about, he liked Minkfur and was glad he had someone kind as his mentor but this stranger who'd suddenly turned up was over the line. He was hoping he wouldn't be asked and maybe the white wolf would go away, instead he found Minkfur asking him a question. He hadn't heard it properly and so in the end had sat there looking silently at her wondering if she'd repeat the question - he'd been distracted by the buzzing in his ears of various thoughts and feelings. A silent question dawdled on his still very puppy features, his handsome gold eyes confused.

17 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:02 am

Shiverpool

Young Warrior
Shiverpool lowered her ears sadly as the apprentice failed to reply to Minkfur's question. And yet another wolf who doesn't like me, what do they have against me?! she thought in her mind. She stood up slowly and turned away. "Oh um, okay then! I guess I could go do something else, even though I have no idea what there's left for me to do." she said sadly after quite a some seconds and no response from the apprentice, her fluffy tail flicking from side to side. She picked her fresh-kill up from the snow covered ground and treaded back to camp, her expression sad.

~Shiverpool went sadly to StormClan Camp~

Credit

View user profile

18 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:53 am

He supposed he probably should feel bad as the wolf left because of him, but in reality he couldn't help so relaxed and peaceful he felt when she had left. It was just him and his mentor and he felt like he could dare to try, he stood up onto his four little paws again and remembering the way that she'd shown him the hunting crouch. He crouched down, his behind still up too high in the air but seeming a little more balanced this time, he attempted to take a step forward and ended up shifting the weight of himself wrong and face planted. Sitting up and sneezing a large cloud of dust left him, he got up to give it another go this time his behind was lower again and his tail stuck out behind him for balance.

19 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur smiled apologetically at Shiverpool before she left. "Maybe we can go hunting together sometime," she suggested, before turning her attention to Forsakenpaw. The she-wolf was also relieved, seeing her apprentice relax after the other warrior left. Minkfur watched carefully as the male attempted the crouch, face planting the first time. The brown wolf was about to correct him, before he tried it once more. She smiled and nodded. "That's it! You got it! Now, sniff around. Tell me what you smell. If you can, tell me if it's fresh or stale," she woofed, wagging her tail.

View user profile

20 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Sniff around? Okay he could do that he supposed, releasing his hunting crouch he padded around nose to the ground and then to the air. "umm, I think i can smell some birds, the ones that are called um, um... pheasants! yeah those ones and I smelt a fox mother, she smelled of milk so i guessed thats because she has babies. umm and a squirrel and a couple of bunnies!". He hoped that he'd been correct, it was his first time really trying to figure out what different scents were but he knew the smell of milk and that it meant pups or kits. He'd smelled the big pheasant birds on the fresh kill pile although they smelled a little different when alive. Rabbits and squirrels were always on the fresh kill pile so he knew those well enough

21 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur nodded, and woofed, "Correct! Good nose!" Sniffing the air, she concluded that the scents of the rabbits were the strongest. "Okay. Now, here comes the fun part. First off, you mustn't let the wind carry your scent to the prey. Position yourself against the wind. Next, you need to slowly and carefully approach it. Be sure to watch your step; don't step on any twigs or anything that'll make too much noise. The prey will bolt right off. Once you're close enough, which is probably three to six foxlengths, push off with your hind legs for a burst of speed. If you're close enough, bite it or trap it with your paw." Assuming the Hunter's Crouch, Minkfur pushed off with her hind legs, launching herself forward. "Thankfully, the snow should help with your smell, but it will slow you down, too," the mentor woofed, before spotting a branch. "It may seem ridiculous, but try 'hunting' the branch."

View user profile

22 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:58 pm

The praised caused the little man to look surprised before a smile bloomed on his face. The young wolf swiftly beginning to trust and look up to his mentor like an older sister, he made sure to pay close attention as she told him about how to hunt. Downwind, avoid sticks and stones that will make nose, move slowly, when within three fox lengths leap he thought to himself his brows furrowed in a little frown as he worked on saving the new knowledge to memory. Looking over at the stick he nodded, and frowned trying to figure out where the wind was coming from, it was almost like it was coming from everywhere. He took a moment before struggling through the snow to where he thought it was downwind. There he slipped into his somewhat awkward hunting crouch before slowly making his way forward getting into it as if it was a game he'd stop now and then in mid sneak as if the branch was looking at him. He then leapt and threw himself through the air accidentally over shooting the branch and landing on the other side of it before he turned and sat on it. looking somewhat pleased with himself

23 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur silently observed Forsakenpaw, a proud look on her face. 'Someday, he'll be an excellent warrior,' she told herself, her tail giving a small wag. Remembering his close relationship to Moonpaw, a grin formed. 'Maybe even a father.' The she-wolf watched as her apprentice pounced over the stick, but quickly turned and sat on it. "I think you're ready to try the actual thing. Smell the rabbit? Follow it. I'll be right behind you," Minkfur said, padding up to him.

View user profile

24 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:21 pm

She thought he was ready to kill an innocent animal already?! the thought caused him to swallow hard. OKay okay he just had to remember what she'd told him, so he crouched down and began slipping forward carefully thinking with each paw step. The smell was hard to follow thanks to the snow but he could hear it digging through the thinning snow for something to eat. So he listened and waited before springing forward he slammed into the rabbit but didn't get enough of a chance to bite it before it was fleeing. He pushed himself up onto his feet and attempted to give chase before tripping over a root and face planting into the snow

25 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur slowly and carefully walked behind him. She held her breath as Forsakenpaw took off after the rabbit, slamming into it. However, the rabbit soon recovered and took off. Her apprentice went in pursuit but unfortunately tripped over a root. Flicking her ears, the she-wolf padded up to him. "It was a good try! Unfortunately, tree roots often get in the way. They're quite the obstacle. Would you like to try again? I smell a possum nearby. They're an easy target; they try to play dead until they know they're in trouble, and they're also larger," she suggested, glancing around.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum