An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1 Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
First topic message reminder :

Hiya! Welcome to Minkfur and Forsakenpaw's training topic! If anyone would like to join, just jump in!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[32/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[32/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]

Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[52/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

-----

Minkfur padded into the clearing, her fur prickling with excitement. 'My first apprentice! Right when I became a warrior, too!' she thought, a grin on her face. The she-wolf climbed onto a boulder, surveying the clearing she chose. She didn't know how marshy the ground would be in new-leaf, but it didn't quite matter at the moment. The new warrior laid on the cool, slick surface of the rock, and rested her head on her paws in wonder. 'I hope I can help him,' she thought. Forsakenpaw was very shy and reserved, and quite obviously disliked fighting. But with the possibility of war, he'd need to do just that. 'What should we do? I don't want to force him to fight just yet. Maybe we could hunt or scout for now...' Minkfur flicked her tail, sitting up. She had told Forsakenpaw to be here soon before she left; he should be arriving any moment.

Last edited by Minkfur on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:08 am; edited 10 times in total

Signature Credit|Avatar Base Credit
View user profile

26 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:32 pm

He felt a little disappointed when he stood up looking after the now vanished rabbit, however his mentor mentioned something called a possum and that they were larger but easier to deal with. He himself had no clue where abouts they lived so he looked up at her questionningly wondering if she could tell him what they smelled like, looked like and where he could find them. his gold eyes were alittle hopeful , she'd praised him for trying so far and he could feel himself want toimpress her.

"I'm as terrifying as a pudding to a pudding lover on a strict diet"
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"
"I have the coordination of a retarded, three legged, arthritic, half dead moose"
"a dream is something that will disappear no matter how much you wish to believe it"

Click for Forsakens theme
View user profile http://anythingoesrp.forumotion.co.nz/

27 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur realized that Forsakenpaw probably didn't know what a possum was. Flicking her tail with slight embarrassment, the she-wolf smiled and woofed, "Follow me. It has grey fur and a hairless tail. Ugly thing. Not quite as hideous or repulsive as a rat, though." She got to her paws and, nose down, followed the scent trail of the rodent. Stopping, she could make out the creature through the bushes. Looking back at Forsakenpaw, she nodded towards the creature.

View user profile

28 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:44 pm

He listened intently as she explained what exactly a possum was, following her he frowned smelling the thick heavy scent int he air. Man they stunk! He slipped forward hesitantly still not a big fan of this killing business and began stalking the big creature why it was nearly the same size he was. He made his way forward and watched it before leaping forward attacking it his jaws snapping shut around its back leg. The possum turned and bit him sharply causing him to release it with a puppy like yipe of pain, he tried to growl convincingly but he didn't even convince himself let alone the possum so he rapidly retreated behind mink fur

"I have the coordination of a retarded, three legged, arthritic, half dead moose"
"a dream is something that will disappear no matter how much you wish to believe it"

29 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur wordlessly watched as Forsakenpaw lurched forward to attack the creature. She secretly hoped it wouldn't fight back - it was a rather feisty animal. The mentor told herself that he'd swiftly kill it, though. But unfortunately, her thoughts were dispproved. After Forsakenpaw hid behind her, Minkfur leapt forward to kill the possum herself. It attempted to scurry away, but Mink swiftly closed her jaws around it and shook it. After a bit, the creature stopped squirming. Dropping the creature, she thanked StarClan for the kill, and looked back at Forsakenpaw with soft eyes. "Yes, they're rather feisty. It was a good attempt nonetheless. Are you willing to try to hunt for anything else? Maybe a pheasant or a squirrel?" she woofed.

View user profile

30 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Watching as his mentor easily killed the possum he couldn't help but feel a bit pathetic. To him the big creature had been scary, when her yellow gaze turned to him he looked at his paws shyly, listening to her words he decided he could give a squirrel a go. They wouldn't be able to fight back as much as a squirrel and would be easier to kill, so he squared himself gave a nod to his mentor in response and began casting about looking for the scent of the animal. The scent of one was soon brought to him and he began stalking it cautiously, one paw after the other. Coming up to it he paused waiting until it was looking away he leapt forward this time his jaws snapped straight around its neck his momentum killing it instantly. The warm taste of blood filled his mouth causing him to drop it in slight disgust before looking up at Minkfur wonderinghow he'd gone

31 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:02 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur trailed behind him, careful not to make any noise. She hoped the squirrel wouldn't be too swift for him; they can easily escape up a tree. She even had difficulties trying to catch one! Personally, Minkfur preferred hunting beavers. They're nice and plump, and if they aren't close to a river, fun to kill due to the slight challenge. However, her apprentice had successfully caught the squirrel - and swiftly. A grin formed on her face, and she padded up beside the apprentice. "Well done! Even I had difficulties trying to catch one when I was an apprentice!" she praised, looking down at the dead creature. "You're going to be an excellent hunter, soon enough!" Minkfur smiled at him with a wag of her tail.

View user profile

32 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Forsaken smiled gently at the praise his golden eyes glittering for the first time with a sense of acheivement. He'd been able to catch something that his mentor had found hard to catch as an apprentice! Pleased with himself he waggled his tail back and forth before tilting his head, wondering what would be next he'd rather perfect one skill before moving onto the next. That and he really wasn't interested in hunting at all, not one bit, didn't want to have anything to do with it. Hurting others... it was something that reminded him of his mother and he'd promised himself to never ever be like her

33 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur looked down at the apprentice, a thoughtful look on her face. "I don't think I'll have you hunt a deer quite yet. Would you like to hunt some more?" she asked. "Perhaps a bird? They're somewhat of a challenge." The she-wolf recalled when she had tried hunting some birds..... It didn't go well. They were too quick for her, most of the time. The she-wolf would take on larger birds, if anything. But a pheasant would be good for Forsakenpaw to try to catch.

View user profile

34 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:29 pm

The idea of hunting such a big animal as a deer caused him to look a little nauseous, and he looked very relieved when she said that they'd focus on something else. He didn't have the confidence in himself to believe that he could bring down such a large beast. Giving a good natured wag of his tail he waited for his mentor to decide what they were going to hunt next "I want to hunt until i have got it as mastered as I can" he explained "Im not good at learning two things at once" he added looking a little apologetic. He was enjoing his time with Minkfur, he didn't feel scared of her or that she was going to bite off his head for making a mistake and these positive things made him want to try really hard for her.

35 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:46 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur nodded. "Let's continue hunting smaller animals, then. Let's try a pheasant." Looking around, she glanced back at her apprentice. "Try to find it," she woofed. Finding prey was also very important for an apprentice; a wolf could locate a herd of deer, and gather some clanmates for a good hunt. He could find a family of rabbits, or others. Minkfur remembered when she had followed the scent of three deer, and managed to kill a younger one with the help of her mentor. Appreciation for the warrior caused the she-wolf to smile.

View user profile

36 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:02 am

He nearly collapsed with relief, nodding he lifted his snout to the air beginning to sift through the various scents once again, he stood there for a few long minutes before speaking quietly "Pheasants, and some kind of duck, smells like deer in that direction" he gestured "and some smaller birds not worth hunting" he sneezed rubbing his nose on his leg "And some rats" he finished pausing to scratch at his side, he always got itchy when he was anxious it really was annoying. he didn't wait for her answer instead quietly or well trying to move quietly in the direction that he'd smelt the feathery creatures. He didn't like eating birds himself, not since he almost choked on feathers that one time.

37 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur nodded. "We usually avoid trying to eat rats. They're often diseased. ShadowClan once used them as a last resort.... many wolves fell ill and passed away," she woofed. Pity for the clan filled her chest. Minkfur was born to two ShadowClan warriors - though she personally felt as if she was more similar to a RiverClan wolf, she felt loyal to ShadowClan. When her apprentice began to follow the scent trail of the bird, she silently followed him. She didn't want to scare off his prey on accident.

View user profile

38 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:33 am

He listened carefully to her words as she explained about the rats taking the information in and remembering it carefully. He continued to try and stalk the birds through the snow hating how it clumped to his fur and made him even more clumsy. Crouching down he wiggled his butt a little as he waited before attempting to pounce, missing again he grabbed one of the birds by the wing and was towed about as it attempted to escape. This time he didn't let go even as its claws scratched his shoulder a little, he shook his head a little wondering if there was a way he could pin the bird so he could get its neck. Moving so he was laying on it he quickly moved his mouth from his wing and nearly falling off as it began flapping both wings he snapped his jaws around the birds neck and stayed there attempting to break its neck or suffocate it whatever came first. Once he managed to kill the darn thing he released it covered in feathers and panting looking somewhat put out

39 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur silently followed her apprentice, her eyes watching his every move. She hung back when he went in for the kill. At first, she worried he'd let go of the struggling creature. Much to her surprise, however, he didn't. Grinning to herself, the large warrior bounded towards Forsakenpaw. "Good catch! You'll master hunting in no time, at this point!" she barked, tail wagging. Pride gleamed in her eyes; hunting seemed to be his strong suit. He was probably the opposite of Minkfur; while she was best at fighting and scouting, and generally wasn't the best at killing smaller prey, Forsakenpaw rocked at it. However, she didn't know how well he would fight; he seemed to resent hurting others.

View user profile

40 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:09 pm

His gold eyes glittered with surprise when she praised him, his tail waggling behind him, he dug a little hole and pushed the corpse into it scraping dirt back over it he wondered if he should try find something else to hunt. Perhaps he could serve the clan by hunting not fighting, he wandered away from the scene of the kill to a place where he could hear animals again. Some squirrels had awakened from their hibernation and he could hear and smell them searching through the melting snow. A familiar feathery smell of quail also entered his nose, he ignored the small creatures hoping to find something that would feed a wolf more than a mouthful. he continued to sniff and search before coming across a smell that made his ears perk forward a little. A large bird was in the swamp wading through the water on its long stilt like legs, he glanced over at Minkfur anxiously before stalking after the creature.

He'd gotten better at his stalking, moving from cover to cover until he was within striking range. Leaping forward he landed heavily on the birds back his teeth digging into its thin neck. His heavy body and extra weight on the birds back made its legs give out underneath him the creature struggling. His jaw tightening like a vice around the birds back until a loud cracking noise sounded from the birds neck and the creature slumped.

41 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur trailed behind the wolf, her eyes glimmering. Since new-leaf was starting, hunting would be undoubtedly easier. She could even teach him how to fish! Her thoughts stopped when she saw her apprentice stalking a heron. Lowering herself down, she wordlessly watched Forsakenpaw leap forward and successfully kill the large bird. "A heron! Great job!" Minkfur barked, glad that the bird didn't use it's long beak to stab her apprentice. "You know, soon, we could start hunting bigger animals, like deer and elk," she added, golden eyes gleaming.

View user profile

42 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:09 am

The positive praise filled his ears and a slight bubble burst in his chestSo that was what the name of the bird was - She thinks i'm doing good, he thought to himself the news slowly sinking in. However the slightly happy look on the young mans face vanished when she mentioned hunting larger prey. He'd found it hard enough taking down a heron let alone big creatures that could kill him with a well placed hoof to the face! He sunk down a little wondering if he could just focus on hunting smaller creatures. He looked up at her his golden eyes speaking his worries and doubts for him

43 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur glanced down at her apprentice, seeing his disappointed look. Dipping her head slightly, the she-wolf said, "We could only focus on smaller prey, then." Giving Forsakenpaw a smile, she woofed, "So, let's continue." Lifting her head, Minkfur sniffed the air for more prey. There seemed to be a beaver upwind, along with some smaller rodents. Looking back to the smaller wolf, she waited for him to find the prey and make a kill.

View user profile

44 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:56 pm

Feeling a little more relaxed at her words he inhaled sharply through his nose, smelling some smaller rodents a doe who smelt like she was in labour and a beaver came to his nose. Deciding that he'd rather go for the beaver he crouched down into the hunting position that he had quickly mastered. He wasn't too bad at hunting small things, he slipped from cover to cover watching the beaver warily. It was such a weird animal, he watched it swim to shore and made a note to not let it get back into the water. For one he was a little scared of water and two he would be outmaneuvered by the beaver in its element. So he waited patiently before slipping forward cutting off the beavers escape route. Leaping from his cover he landed on the beaver his paws hitting the animals shoulders and pinning it. Listening to its frantic honks and calls for help he gripped the animal by the back of its neck and began shaking his head vigorously until it was too rattled to run away anymore. He dropped it onto its back and swiftly put an end to his life, looking up at Minkfur he panted a little hoping he'd done right

45 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur watched cheerfully as Forsakenpaw sought out the beaver, judging by the scent trail he was following. After a bit, she stopped following him to watch. At first, she doubted whether he'll kill it or not. It could escape into the river very quickly. But, much to her impressment, he cut off it's route before swiftly killing it. Minkfur approached her apprentice and nodded. "Great job! Hunting water animals was difficult for me, but you're a natural!" she woofed with a grin, her tail wagging.

View user profile

46 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:47 pm

The praise caused his gold eyes to glitter with excitement and happiness, his tail wagged and the small quiet apprentice gave a slight bounce of joy. He grinned up at her the gesture making his features look like less like an old man and more like an apprentice. He grinned up at Minkfur and couldn't help a soft happy noise that left him before he decided that he'd have a go at hunting some more. Perhaps he'd have another go at hunting something, he considered the deer he could smell before shaking his head no no no those were too big for him. He cast around his nose trying to pick up various scents, hmmm he could pick up the scents of some other birds stalking through the undergrowth he figured them out to be quail. Crouching down again he slipped along the ground his tail held out behind him for balance, his leg lifted and was slowly put down before he darted out of the undergrowth and clamped his jaws around the birds chest his jaws crushing the life out of it.

47 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur, instead of following him, chose to hang back. She knew that he was going after the quail, and would probably successfully kill it. Pride filled her chest when she heard Forsakenpaw leap forward through bracken. She was sure he got it, but just to make sure, she followed him. Her tail gave a pleased flick when finding him and the dead quail. However, the scent of wild turkey caused her mouth to water. "Smell that? Turkey. Best tasting birds out there," Minkfur woofed. There were rather fat and large, but she was certain Forsakenpaw could kill one if he killed a heron.

View user profile

48 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Hearing footsteps he'd tensed, however he relaxed senting Minkfur and he smiled a little under her praise. During her teaching he'd slowly begun to flourish a little, the apprentice had smelled the queer scent before but hadn't recognized it as a prey animal until Minkfur had said so. Scraping dirt over the small bird his mind set on the bigger one, he carefully slipped through the underbrush using what items he could to help him blend in. He took his time slowly waiting until the bird got closer, an alarm call went off and he leapt out at the bird but missed by a millimeter. The bird began to take off and the apprentice went after it his teeth sinking into its rear he pulled it to a halt. Releasing it he went for its neck only to miss, leaping onto it trying to use his body to hold it down he went for a rodeo ride around the clearing before finally managing to kill the darn thing

49 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur bounded after the male, hanging back after a bit. She listened as Forsakenpaw went in for the kill. Worry prickled at her pelt when she heard an alarm call. The warrior could only hope he got the bird. After waiting a little longer, she approached her apprentice. He did kill it after all! Smiling, she nodded to him. "Great catch! Someone will be eating good today," she said, sniffing the corpse. Hopefully that 'someone' would be her. After getting past the feathers, the meat was delicious. Licking her jaws, she sniffed the air, trying to find any further prey.

View user profile

50 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:03 am

Watching his mentor lick her lip he smiled slightly, he wondered if the strange bird was really all that tasty. Perhaps he would try it if it was still at the fresh kill pile later, the thought of his prey that he had caught adorning the pile made him smile a little proudly. Moonpaw would be so proud of him, inhaling he sniffed the air his eyes closing, finding nothing he looked a little disappointed before slipping through to the river deciding a different spot to hunt for prey would be a good idea. He froze seeing strange little brown creatures by the water, they looked like they'd be good prey. They were called.. minks weren't they? He'd seen one on the pile before, he slunk forward using his pelt to help him blend into the terrain. Settling down on his belly nearby he narrowed his gold eyes watching the way they moved he'd come to begin to enjoy hunting a sense of achievement going through him whenever he caught something. When it was the right moment he leapt forward catching one in his jaws he killed it with a bite to the back of its neck, the others scattering he began to run after one it went to leap into a hole and his muzzle went after it grasping it by the tail. pulling it out of the hole he gave it the same quick treatment that the other Mink had been given a death bite to the back of its neck.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum