An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

The Four Clans

Season
Current Season: Greenleaf
Greenleaf has taken hold of the forest, marking an end to the pleasantly warm days of Newleaf. The temperature is now quite hot, at times unbearably so; most prey tend to take shelter during the hottest time of the day. Dangerous thunderstorms are possible and can happen with little warning. Will the heat of Greenleaf cause tempers to flare when tension is already running high in the Clans?
[IMG Credit]
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Featured Members
Congratulations to Aspenpelt, who has been chosen as the top user for the month of June!!!
Top posting users this month

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

1 Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
First topic message reminder :

Hiya! Welcome to Minkfur and Forsakenpaw's training topic! If anyone would like to join, just jump in!

Roleplay Stats:
(Idea originally by Magmafeather)

Hunting Large Animals[0/60]
Successful: 12 points--Unsuccessful: 5 points

Hunting Medium Animals[32/60]
Successful: 8 points--Unsuccessful: 4 points

Hunting Small Animals[32/60]
Successful: 4 points--Unsuccessful: 2 points

Fishing[0/60]

Successful: 6 points--Unsuccessful: 3 points

Finding Prey[52/60]
Small: Successful, 4 points, unsuccessful, 2 points (if many prey is found at once, then you will receive points for finding two prey)
Medium/Fish: Successful, 5 points, unsuccessful, 3 points
Large: Successful, 6 points, unsuccessful, 3 points

Finding Herbs[0/60]
Quickly found- 7 points, Not very fast- 4 points, Did not find any- 2 points

Scouting for Predators[0/60]
Found any: 8 points, unsuccessful: 2 points (finding a group of predators will earn the points for finding three, finding an animal that could be considered as both prey and a predator will give you half the points)

Offensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 6 points, unsuccessful: 4 points, more may be earned when fighting prey/predators

Defensive Fighting[0/60]
Successful move: 7 points, unsuccessful: 4 points

Problem Solving[0/60]
Solution found quickly: 10 points, Solution found: 8 points, Tried but no solution found: 4 points

-----

Minkfur padded into the clearing, her fur prickling with excitement. 'My first apprentice! Right when I became a warrior, too!' she thought, a grin on her face. The she-wolf climbed onto a boulder, surveying the clearing she chose. She didn't know how marshy the ground would be in new-leaf, but it didn't quite matter at the moment. The new warrior laid on the cool, slick surface of the rock, and rested her head on her paws in wonder. 'I hope I can help him,' she thought. Forsakenpaw was very shy and reserved, and quite obviously disliked fighting. But with the possibility of war, he'd need to do just that. 'What should we do? I don't want to force him to fight just yet. Maybe we could hunt or scout for now...' Minkfur flicked her tail, sitting up. She had told Forsakenpaw to be here soon before she left; he should be arriving any moment.

Last edited by Minkfur on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:08 am; edited 10 times in total

Signature Credit|Avatar Base Credit
View user profile

51 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:09 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur slunk after her apprentice as they headed back towards the river. There were many scents coming from it; she couldn't tell which he was trying to follow. Perhaps another beaver? She stopped and hid in the bracken when he got closer to the shore. Silently, Minkfur observed him as he killed two minks. Getting out of her hiding place, she approached him. "Ah! My brethren," she chuckled, sniffing one with brown fur and a cream chest spot. "They can be tricky little things. Them and those weasels," the warrior woofed, looking at the two limp water animals.

View user profile

52 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:32 am

He grinned a little, he had left the two in a neat heap and had gone to look for prey somewhere else when a bird glided down a type of vulture to land beside the mink that he had caught. Watching as it began to eat he growled, no that prey was for the clan not for some lazy bird! Charging at the bird he stumbled and tripped right into it, the medium sized bird struggled underneath him. Its wings beat him about the head a little dazing him before he shook his head and began to snap at the bird trying to find something to hold onto. Finding one of its wings he crushed it as best he could in his jaws, the hollow bones of the avian splintering with little effort. Now that his bird couldn't get away by air he released it and managed to chase it around so he could go for his favourite killing move.

"I'm as terrifying as a pudding to a pudding lover on a strict diet"
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"
"I have the coordination of a retarded, three legged, arthritic, half dead moose"
"a dream is something that will disappear no matter how much you wish to believe it"

Click for Forsakens theme
View user profile http://anythingoesrp.forumotion.co.nz/

53 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:44 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur watched wordlessly as Forsakenpaw found a turkey vulture eating one of his kills. She, too, was rather angry. Forsakenpaw had caught it - not that ugly fowl. She watched as he clashed with the bold bird, hoping it wouldn't escape and steal another one of their kills. Minkfur hated scavengers; she once returned to them eating a deer she fell. But at least they too could be eaten; she, in turn, killed two of them before the rest escaped.

View user profile

54 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:56 am

Forsaken sat there panting; his pink tongue hanging out of his mouth, getting up he wandered down to the river to take a long drink of water. He wondered if he'd be able to get any more mink or if they should try somewhere else. Sitting there thinking about it one stuck its head back up out of a hole, he wasn't fast enough to catch it so lay down and waited patiently. The next one that stuck its head out to see if they were gone was quickly grabbed and killed, after that no more tried so he abandoned that idea and glanced around trying to smell out something else. he headed into the thick underbrush listening and waiting, the now eager hunter waited patiently for something to come past. The lone rabbit that had strayed too far from a hole was his next intended victim, he slunk up on it and hid until it nervously went past him. Striking forward now accurately the wolf clenched his teeth around the animals back moving the rabbit through his jaws until he had its neck the brute clamped down wincing at the squeal the animal gave out as it died

"I have the coordination of a retarded, three legged, arthritic, half dead moose"
"a dream is something that will disappear no matter how much you wish to believe it"

55 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:07 am

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur silently padded behind Forsakenpaw as he returned to the river. Her head tilted, she waited next to the shore as he went to make some kills. Soon, he'd probably be ready to become a warrior; he already mastered finding prey and hunting medium sized animals. She'd definitely talk to Graystar afterwards. But she told herself that Forsakenpaw needed to learn how to fight, too. It was necessary for his survival. When he killed the mink and the rabbit, she approached him. "Good job! I think... I think you're actually ready to become a warrior. But, nonetheless, there is something you need to learn..." Her face became somewhat more grim. "Fighting," Minkfur woofed.

View user profile

56 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:53 am

The praise that he'd come to aim for caused the tail to wag and his gold eyes to light up a little however when she'd mentioned fighting his gaze had dropped and his tail had tucked. He didn't want to fight, didn't want to harm another wolf. His eyebrows furrowed, he thought he'd been going so good but now he was ruining it with his lack of wanting to fight. He swallowed and still avoided her gaze trying to figure out how he could get out of doing it. Couldn't he just hunt for the clan? Why did there have to be fights? Couldn't everyone just share what there was?

57 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur noticed his extreme disappointment when she brought up the topic. With a sigh, she woofed, "I understand you really don't want to fight. However, it is essential to your survival. Sooner or later, you'll undoubtedly run into an unfriendly wolf or predator. So, you simply must learn offensive and defensive moves. We'll start with offense." Getting to her paws, she lifted a paw. "The first move you'll learn is fairly easy - the Forepaw Slash. All you have to do is slice your paw down at the face or body of your enemy," she woofed. "Now try," the warrior demanded, her eyes fixed onto her apprentice's.

View user profile

58 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:04 am

Forsaken didn't look up at her when she spoke carefully inspecting the muddy melting ground beneath his paws, he stopped listening somewhere in the middle not wanting to fight and having no real interest in it. So when she stopped talking he was busy thinking about much more pleasant things that he'd rather do like talking to Moonpaw or taking a nap in the sun. Loosing track of time he was quiet for a long time before he dimly registered the look Minkfur was shooting him. Having no idea what he was supposed to do he sat there and looked up at her with no clue of what she wanted from him. His gold eyes a little unhappy and disgruntled at being forced to do something he knew he was going to suck at.

59 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur felt a wave of concern wash over her, seeing how extremely reluctant Forsakenpaw seemed at the mention of fighting. If he hated it that much, what would he do in battle? What would he do if their camp got attacked? What would he do if he came face-to-face with a bear, or badgers, or any other predator? Sighing when he looked blankly at her, she woofed, "I'll say it again. The Forepaw Slash is very easy; just slice your paw down at the face or body of your opponent." She quickly demonstrated the move. "Hard as you can. Don't make it gentle or soft," Minkfur woofed, waiting for her apprentice to perform the move.

View user profile

60 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 pm

Now that he was paying attention his mentors orders made him go still and stare at her. That move would hurt others and he didn't want to hurt anyone else, he couldn't hurt anyone, he didn't want to hurt anyone. He shook his head so fast he felt dizzy afterwards backing up he tucked his tail and crouched down against the ground. He really didn't feel like hurting anyone else maybe it would be better if he turned around and ran off. Yeah running away was good, he spun around and clumsily galloped off to trip over and flip onto his back with a groan

61 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur's ears flattened when Forsakenpaw still didn't perform the move. However, she was pretty patient. She was about to comment, before her apprentice tried running off. She sprung to her paws, but needn't persue him, for he tripped. Grunting, she padded towards him. "Even StarClan knows you need to learn how to fight," she jokingly woofed, nudging her apprentice to her feet. Lashing her tail, she more sternly added, "What will you do if the clan gets attacked by an enemy? Will you turn your back on us and run? What if Moonpaw is being attacked by an enemy? What if you get jumped by an enemy patrol? Will you run?" Taking in a short breath, Minkfur continued, "Fighting is an essential part of survival, Forsakenpaw. Now, please show me your Forepaw Slash."

View user profile

62 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:20 am

When he was back up on his paws his mentor  began a long winded lecture about fighting which he only half listened to. At her questions he nodded, why yes he would run away, Moony knew he couldn't fight and besides it went against his moral code of not hurting anyone. "I would run away in all your examples" he told her without shame, he was a coward and he hated violence. The move she'd wanted him to use was one he'd seen Lusterpelt do towards one of his siblings when she'd wanted more milk and was crying. He was a pacifist and after a moment of thought added "The other clans wouldn't kill me because that goes against the warrior code" he told her with a nod and a slight smile, it meant that he'd be safe from being killed and if he submitted they wouldn't hurt him too badly. The young thing was against violence, against hurting other wolves, what right did he have to hurt others? It was why he was being brave and standing up to her.

Last edited by Forsakenpaw on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total

63 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:09 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur sighed at Forsakenpaw's words, her patience slipping. Looking up into the sky, she thought of other things to say. "There are wolves who don't follow the code. There are animals that won't think twice about ripping you apart. So, you're learning some offense and defense whether you like it or not," she woofed. But, looking into her apprentice's eyes, she knew he wouldn't do the move. Huffing, Minkfur sternly barked, "Okay. We'll try something else. Leap-and-Hold. Good for a smaller wolf like you. It's more complicated than the Forepaw Slash; you have to jump onto your opponent's back and grip onto them with your claws. But jump off before they drop down and roll - jump off before you get squished. If you'd like, you can try it on me, but I won't make you." Taking a breath, she continued. "Another is the Belly Rake. If you're pinned down, try using your claws to slice against your enemy's underbelly. We'll try this one. I'll pin you down, and you use your claws to slice my underbelly. Just don't actually use your claws, alright?" Minkfur got to her paws. "Ready?" she asked.

View user profile

64 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:04 am

He narrowed his eyes a little "I'll run away from them too! I'm not deaf! I'll be able to hear their noisy breathing and smell their stink!" he informed her promtply and rather obviously not paying attention the tiny apprentice sitting glaring at his paws as she rambled on about fighting moves he didn't really give two mousetails about. He yawned and began to think about Moonpaw and the way the sun shone off her fur and her beautiful green eyes that made him feel all warm and soft inside when they met his. A slight smile wound up his face as he thought about things he'd much rather think about like playing with Moony or relaxing in the sun or even hunting that he'd learnt to enjoy. So when Minkfur asked if he was ready she didn't get a reply he was too busy lost in his daydream.

65 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur's tail lashed in irritation. Once again, her apprentice got lost in a daydream. Her eyes narrowed, she swiped a tongue across her muzzle. "If you're ready say nothing," she whispered very quietly. When she didn't get a reply, Minkfur lunged forward, straight towards her apprentice, aiming to pin him. Maybe that would get him to try to fight back. It could teach him a lesson, too: always be prepared.

View user profile

66 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:54 pm

One moment he'd been thinking to himself mulling over bits and pieces and the next he was slammed to the ground and hit his head hard on the thawing ground. he hadn't seen who it was and automatically assumed it was lusterpelt coming back to kill him. He stank of fear, he didn't fight back at all just went limp underneath his attacker whimpering "please don't kill me" He tucked his tail as best he could shaking badly underneath whoever had hurt him. The apprentice showed no sign of having the mentality to fight back, instead he seemed to be of the opinion that if he fought back he'd get hurt more so instead he gave his attacker his full submission.

67 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur knew she had scared her apprentice, but she deemed it necessary. Lashing her tail, she stood over the male, her head tilted. "If I were an attacker, I could kill you. But if you want to avoid certain injury, use your claws to either push me off or tear at my stomach," she woofed. She desperately wanted to teach her apprentice some fighting moves - it was a key component to survival! There's wolves out there who wouldn't hesitate to kill a defenseless adolescent. They might even mock him for not knowing how to fight.

View user profile

68 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:33 am

He didn't hear her words too caught up in his fear, instead he heard the cold silky voice of Lusterpelt reminding him that he was weak and pathetic. Then something seemed to flick off in his gold eyes and he went still, why was he whining and carrying on? That'd just get him hurt more, if he stayed still and took the punishment that was like to befall him it would be a lesser one. So he lay there on his back underneath the bigger wolf panting and struggling to breathe his eyes closed waiting for the bite or for the one standing above him to slice into him with their claws. THe idea of fighting back was so absurd, he'd done it once and the resulting treatment had been horrible he still had scars under his thick fur from the teeth that had torn into him.

69 Re: Minkfur training with Forsakenpaw on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Minkfur

Deputy
Minkfur didn't budge, despite the overwhelming fear scent from her apprentice. Did he understand that she wouldn't hurt him? Perhaps he did, and fell into his normal reaction. Submission. Minkfur's nose wrinkled - she hated that word. Giving in. Yielding. Acceptance.... it was weak. Personally, she would much sooner fight back than submitting to an enemy. Where's the honor in submission? Unless fighting back would mean instant death, or if she was already weak, Minkfur wouldn't just give in. Apparently, her apprentice was the exact opposite. He reminded her of Pandamask, in that way. She never liked to fight, either. Perhaps... Forsakenpaw wasn't meant to be a warrior? 'Nonsense! He's a better hunter than half of the clan!' she thought stubbornly. Her eyes narrowed, Minkfur waited for her apprentice to do... something. "Come on, For... This will help you out in the long run..." she sighed with a slight plead.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum